PDA

View Full Version : Riding partners in Portland

brendak
04-16-2003, 05:53 AM
I'm new to beautiful Portland and looking for riding partners. In my glory days I did a couple of centuries each summer and usually spent a week touring, but I've been off of my bike for much of the winter and need to regain some conditioning. I can keep a moderate pace (12-15 mph) and would like to start with 20-25 mile rides. I'm a roadie and I ramp up pretty quickly! Oh, and I have some time to ride during the weekdays as well as the weekends.

goddess1222
04-16-2003, 08:51 AM
hello brendak, i am in portland, and am a regular on these boards. i am just now trying to amp up my mileage, and have been steadily looking for women to ride with. there are about 3 other women i am getting together with very soon. maybe we can all get together.

let me know if you are interested.

i also have info about some other rides for women in the portland metro area. i just found this info, so i am really excited.

you can e mail me: redhed1222@earthlink.net

bikerchic
08-10-2003, 09:08 AM
Hi my name is Kate I'm new to the SW I live in Beaverton and would love to find a riding partner.

Like Brendak in my glory days I used to do a couple of century rides a year, however I've been off my bike for several months and am way outa shape. If you prefer a slow but steady pace and live near me email me at;

kt@veloemail.com

Hope to hear from someone soon!

Kate

goddess1222
08-13-2003, 09:44 AM
hi kate. as soon as i get back on my feet from my little medical thing, i will give you a jingle. i am always looking for riding partners.

ORBikeChick
05-30-2004, 12:50 PM
Hi Guys!

I'm new to the board and pretty new to the sport as well...I live out in Gresham and usually frequent the Springwater Corridor about 25-30 miles on the weekend....and try to do at least 10 after work around my neighborhood. I've been wanting to get out and try out some trails at Forest Park and Powell Butte but have no riding partners. Any chance you'll adopt a newbie into your group I'd love to ride with you! Unfortunately, with two 'anchors' at home and a 3-11pm job, weekends are the best for me...but I'd love to get out and about with you all!

Any chance, please email me! Thanks!
Sarah :cool:

bikerchic
03-26-2005, 10:40 PM
bttt

Yeah that was me a year and a half ago.....I've moved to Hillsboro and have not ventured out on my bike yet, the roads here are aweful. I just wanted to bring this thread back to the top (bttt) and put out another call for any local gals interested in riding near here.

It's so much funner with a group! And for me a big plus would be someone that knows the area and good places to ride.

Same email addy or PM me if you are interested.

Kate