PDA

View Full Version : Northhampton, MA

fretwes
10-14-2005, 02:15 PM
My hubby and I found this place on line http://www.ridenoho.com/welcome.html and are contemplating going there next spring to possibly take the "My First Road Bike" camp. We've had road bikes for awhile but me, especially, could definitely benefit from some formal instruction.

Anybody have any experience with this outfit -or this area of the country? My only experience with MA is flying into Boston, which I loved. In this case, we'd be driving from Pittsburgh through to Northhampton which would be interesting since we've never traveled that route before.

Crankin
10-15-2005, 04:07 AM
This is a great organization. You will love Northampton. Lots to do, great restaurants and very funky characters hanging out on the street.
Have fun

jenwhiting
10-17-2005, 08:16 AM
I can highly recommend the RideNoho camps. We spent a week with them in June and had such a fun time that we went back for the Autumn Adventure.

We have done several bike tours with other companies, the inn-to-inn sort, and we found that the format that RideNoho puts together is better riding and more relaxing accomodations (you don't have to pack up each morning and unpack each night). Once you arrive at the Hotel Northampton and check-in, RideNoho does the rest!

Breakfast every morning at Sylvester's (three pancakes is the max I have been able to put away!), great bike routes led by folks who gauge the speed of the riders and make sure everyone is getting their best ride, van support that has an electric blender for smoothies at the end of each ride, and excellent training tips and techniques. We learned pace-lining, sprinting skills, climbing technique, bike handling, gearing, frame selection, bike fitting, the list goes on and on. And then they feed you lunch so the only meal you have to buy is dinner (great food in Northampton!).

We have already bugged Aldo for a calendar of the 2006 events because we think this is a great value when it comes to bike vacations, and staying in the same hotel really allows you to relax and get to know the town (if you like pasta, Viva Fresh Pasta is a great restuarant).

fretwes
10-19-2005, 04:21 PM
Thanks Guys - I appreciate the input. Here's to dreaming of sping. :)

traveller_62
10-19-2005, 05:14 PM
Thanks for the pointer to Noho. I just requested a brochure and the dates for their 2006 Experience Racing Camp. It looks like just the ticket for me. I've been a fitness rider for years but am starting to enjoy doing some competitive riding.

Cheers,
traveller