PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Jersey

Trekhawk
10-12-2005, 07:49 PM
Does anyone out there have one of these jerseys?

www.anaerobia.com/images/roaJL.jpg

SadieKate
10-12-2005, 08:09 PM
Funny you should post this now. Out on a ride tonight, one of their members barely inched past me without a sound, a nod or a look. Course he had both ears illegally plugged with headphones and must have had blinders on also. I passed him later and looked his way - nothing. He passed me again as I was slowing to turn around and again no acknowledgement. It wasn't like this guy blew past me. We were riding almost exactly the same speed and when I passed him he was standing up on his bike stretching. Weird. Their club is all about humor, but this guy had none and his bike even had the logo on it.

I, on the other hand, had a delightful time riding behind discussing his lack of manners out loud. Kind of a one-sided conversation but I had fun none-the-less. I probably saw a dozen other riders tonight and everyone else managed to wave, smile, nod or wiggle their fingers.

Trekhawk
10-12-2005, 08:21 PM
Funny you should post this now. Out on a ride tonight, one of their members barely inched past me without a sound, a nod or a look. Course he had both ears illegally plugged headphones and must have had blinders on also. I passed him later and looked his way - nothing. He passed me again as I was slowing to turn around and again no acknowledgement. It wasn't like this guy blew past me. We were riding almost exactly the same speed and when I passed him he was standing up on his bike stretching. Weird. Their club is all about humor, but this guy had none and his bike even had the logo on it.
I, on the other hand, had a delightful time riding behind discussing his lack of manners out loud. Kind of a one-sided conversation but I had fun none-the-less. I probably saw a dozen other riders tonight and everyone else managed to wave, smile, nod or wiggle their fingers.

Oh thats a bit sad. Anyone that can wear a jersey with vomiti written on it should have a sense of humour - perhaps we can report him to the republic. :D

I love getting out on my bike but I feel like a bit of a fraud all decked out in my gear and yet going so slow. I like funny jerseys they make me feel less of a fraud and I like the idea that perhaps Ive given someone a laugh for the day. I thought maybe this one would be up my alley. :D

SadieKate
10-12-2005, 08:26 PM
I agree! You would think somebody wearing a jersey like that would appreciate comments. Kind of like Irulan and her socks. What's the point otherwise?

crazycanuck
10-13-2005, 04:09 AM
hey, my other half saw the jersey and has this to say:

GREAT! Its a Quote from Terry Pratchett's "jingo(famous uk author of the discworld series) - where he discusses the origins of the famous quote - and how he must of worked his way through the "V" words to get it and one of the lines is

"Veni, Vidi, Vomiti"= I came, I saw, I thew up.

The Other (more approprite) is:

"Veni, Vino, Vomiti"= I came, I drank wine, I thew up.

Where can I get one!!!!!
"

Now i know what to get him for christmas...

c

Veronica
10-13-2005, 06:35 AM

Where can I get one!!!!!
"

Vomiti works, it's a real Latin verb and it even has the correct ending.

Vino actually means in the vine. It's a noun and they have put the ending on it that indicates a prepositional phrase. There isn't a verb that means to drink wine.

If they made it vini (plural and the subject of a verb) it would mean wine drinking, but it would still be a noun.

Veronica

Opus sugit!

aka_kim
10-13-2005, 07:10 AM
Opus sugit!Work suckles? :p That would look good on a jersey too.

aka - "Arma virumque cano" the only Latin I remember - kim

SadieKate
10-13-2005, 07:55 AM
GREAT! Its a Quote from Terry Pratchett's "jingo(famous uk author of the discworld series)Now I know where I've heard/read it. Waiting for Bubba to finish the new book, "Thud." He has a tendency to only read a few pages at a time and "savor" his books. Me? I want it all NOW! Thanks for the reference.

To get the jersey, just go to the website www.anaerobia.com.

Veronica
10-13-2005, 08:54 AM
Work suckles? :p That would look good on a jersey too.

aka - "Arma virumque cano" the only Latin I remember - kim

It was the closest I could get to sucks!
:(

Maybe I should have said est opus malum!

(Work is evil.)

I've gone through a bottle of Advil in the last week, take 3 every afternoon. Society is going to h*ll in a handbasket one 5th grader at a time. I took a mental health day yesterday. I have NEVER gotten sub off the street before. I've always wanted to be sure I had a good person in my room and prearranged somebody. Funny I did not get a headache yesterday.

:)

Sorry for the rant.

V.

Trekhawk
10-13-2005, 09:04 AM

GREAT! Its a Quote from Terry Pratchett's "jingo(famous uk author of the discworld series) - where he discusses the origins of the famous quote - and how he must of worked his way through the "V" words to get it and one of the lines is

Where can I get one!!!!!
"

c

This is definitely a cool jersey. Check out the website its good for a laugh and has some great cycling stories. :)

SadieKate
10-13-2005, 09:11 AM

Sorry for the rant.That's what we're here for. I'd hoped that this year's class was going through a beginning of the year thing and would settle to a dull roar. Apparently not. I know you said that this was a known class from h*ll. Hope you have a good ride planned for this weekend. You can always come to Davis and ride the low traffic flatlands with us. They're easy to ride with your brain turned off.

Trekhawk
10-13-2005, 09:36 AM
It was the closest I could get to sucks!
:(

Maybe I should have said est opus malum!

(Work is evil.)

I've gone through a bottle of Advil in the last week, take 3 every afternoon. Society is going to h*ll in a handbasket one 5th grader at a time. I took a mental health day yesterday. I have NEVER gotten sub off the street before. I've always wanted to be sure I had a good person in my room and prearranged somebody. Funny I did not get a headache yesterday.
Sorry for the rant.
V.

You rant all you like. I admire teachers because three kids make my head hurt never mind a whole classroom full. Sending calm vibes and extra patience your way ( Yikes I think I need some of that for myself- when is that husband of mine coming home). :D

DirtDiva
10-13-2005, 11:36 AM
Lol trekhawk. I got a classic look from my flatmate the other day when I got home from work and said "I had such a great day today. I only had 14 year twos this morning. It was just so relaxing."

- tlkiwi, sub extraordinaire ;)

Trekhawk
10-13-2005, 01:04 PM
Lol trekhawk. I got a classic look from my flatmate the other day when I got home from work and said "I had such a great day today. I only had 14 year twos this morning. It was just so relaxing."
- tlkiwi, sub extraordinaire ;)

LOL - another teacher. You guys are either really calm mother earth types or just plain touched. :D Yikes I love my kids and even kinda like some other peoples but it takes a special kind of person to be able to cope with them all. Lets face it some kids are just YUCK. :D

All you teachers out there deserve a medal - Im serious a bl--dy big medal. :D

alpinerabbit
10-13-2005, 01:28 PM
I love getting out on my bike but I feel like a bit of a fraud all decked out in my gear and yet going so slow.

Talk about fraud. I wear CSC team pants... :p
http://images.bt2.metropol.dk/274/274076/274076_small.jpg

DirtDiva
10-13-2005, 03:30 PM
LOL - another teacher. You guys are either really calm mother earth types or just plain touched. :D
I presume that by "touched" you mean insane..? I hope so - it's definitely the category I fall into. :D

Trekhawk
10-13-2005, 07:33 PM
I presume that by "touched" you mean insane..? I hope so - it's definitely the category I fall into. :D

See you teachers are quick on the uptake. Yep it definitely means insane.
Being a little potty makes life more interesting I think.

PS for all the Americans Potty also means insane. :D :D

Veronica
10-13-2005, 07:42 PM
See you teachers are quick on the uptake. Yep it definitely means insane.
Being a little potty makes life more interesting I think.

PS for all the Americans Potty also means insane. :D :D

I thought potty was where my students forgot to go during recess. :D

V.

SadieKate
10-13-2005, 07:42 PM
PS for all the Americans Potty also means insane. :D :DSome of us colonials read English Lit and have managed to learn real English, even if we can't pronounce it properly. :D I mean, Worcestershire has only 3 syllables? What's with that? St. John? I swear it has a "T" in there. :)

Trekhawk
10-13-2005, 07:49 PM
I thought potty was where my students forgot to go during recess. :D

V.

LOL - when we first got here one of the teachers asked my then five year old if he wanted to go potty. He got really excited because with the accent he thought she was saying paaaarrrtty. Disappointment quickly set in when he realized she was only offering a trip to the Loo. :D :D

Trekhawk
10-27-2005, 02:47 PM
Where can I get one!!!!!
"
c

Hey Crazycanuck - just wanted to let you know that my jersey arrived today and I love it. I also scored a free ball cap and 3 temporary tattoos to boot (got to be happy with that). :D

Nanci
10-29-2005, 02:36 AM
I want the frame decal set...

Nanci

Trekhawk
10-29-2005, 04:56 PM
I want the frame decal set...

Nanci

Hey Nanci - if you end up getting them post a picture so I can see how they look on your bike. Cool Im sure. :)

crazycanuck
11-02-2005, 07:49 PM
Hey trek,

I ordered one for my dear today..(he must of wondered what i was on when i phoned him to ask how much he weighed...)

Great chrissy present!!!

c

Cari
11-08-2005, 08:45 AM
Does anyone out there have one of these jerseys?

www.anaerobia.com/images/roaJL.jpg

A few months ago I ordered their jersey and a water bottle. I really like them! They also sent a matching cycling cap and some temporary tattoos. The envelope I received in the mail was addressed by hand to "Komrade Cari". The guy doesn't even use a postage meter. I think it's pretty cool.

The team jersey is bright red like deoxygenanted blood, with drawings of red blood cells all over it. Inside the center pocket it says:

KOMRADE!
WHY LOOK HERE?
YOUR DESTINY
AWAITS YOU
IN (sic) THE ROAD!

I hope all of you who got the jersey like it lots and wear it proudly. :)

Saludos,

~Cari

Selkie
11-08-2005, 09:08 AM
Rats, no smalls or mediums left in the womens jerseys!

As to venting about work, I say have at it!! We all have bad days---if it isn't the deadlines, it's the politics or more often than not, OTHER PEOPLE (be they students, bosses, "customers," coworkers). At the risk of sounding like a dinosaur, I would love to be a stay-at-home wife and spend my days riding my bike, hiking, reading, volunteering, playing with my golden retrievers, etc. I've been a "professional" for 18 years, and am counting down the 13 years and two months I have left until I can retire at full pension. :cool: I like my job and my paycheck, but my outside interests are how I'd much rather spend my time.

Trekhawk
11-08-2005, 09:18 AM

As to venting about work, I say have at it!! We all have bad days---if it isn't the deadlines, it's the politics or more often than not, OTHER PEOPLE (be they students, bosses, "customers," coworkers). At the risk of sounding like a dinosaur, I would love to be a stay-at-home wife and spend my days riding my bike, hiking, reading, volunteering, playing with my golden retrievers, etc. I've been a "professional" for 18 years, and am counting down the 13 years and two months I have left until I can retire at full pension. :cool: I like my job and my paycheck, but my outside interests are how I'd much rather spend my time.

Ooops sorry mickchick I got the last medium they had. You should email them though maybe if they have enough interest they will get some more womens jerseys.

Im with you on the outside interests before I started cycling I was thinking of returning to work when my kids were all at school. Now I have been bitten by the cycling bug I just think who needs work when I will be able to ride every day. Yipee now I just have to get my youngest off to school and my dream will be realized. :D

Trekhawk
11-08-2005, 09:19 AM

Ooops sorry mickchick I got the last medium they had. You should email them though maybe if they have enough interest they will get some more womens jerseys.

Im with you on the outside interests before I started cycling I was thinking of returning to work when my kids were all at school. Now I have been bitten by the cycling bug I just think who needs work when I will be able to ride every day. Yipee now I just have to get my youngest off to school and my dream will be realized. :D :D

Selkie
11-08-2005, 09:35 AM
Why should we have to work? Who started this womens lib thing anyway? haha.

CorsairMac
11-08-2005, 11:04 AM
Don't look at me..............my goal is to find a rich man that wants a woman to keep!! ;)

Trekhawk
11-08-2005, 11:47 AM
Don't look at me..............my goal is to find a rich man that wants a woman to keep!! ;)

Hee Hee - I will keep my eye out for you. :)

Yasmin
12-25-2005, 09:33 PM
Sorry to disappoint you Corsair, but don't men usually want a woman to keep them so they don't have to do the crap jobs like house cleaning, laundry etc?:rolleyes:

As far as the Anaerobia jersey goes...I want one, I want one! I'm waiting until the company is ready to trade again.