PDA

View Full Version : Foxy's Fall Century - Sat, Oct 15

SadieKate
10-11-2005, 04:40 PM
Anyone doing this ride in Davis Saturday? Just curious if any TE members are signed up. http://www.davisbikeclub.org/foxys/2005/index.htm

There's a bike swap after which is always small but can have a couple of good finds.

bikerz
10-11-2005, 04:50 PM
Wow - that looks fun! I wish I had noticed it earlier, and that I didn't have to work this weekend :mad: , and that I was ready for a century!

I really want to try a century before the end of the year, but a friend very kindly and gently pointed out that, at my current speed, I might have trouble coming up with enough hours of daylight to ride for that long in the in the winter! :o Umm - probably true, especially if there are hills!

SadieKate
10-11-2005, 05:00 PM
BikerZ - darn, you could have done the metric! You've ridden most of the course already. What's a piddly 20 more miles with only a tiny bit of climbing?

snapdragen
10-11-2005, 05:10 PM
I did Foxy's a couple years ago and liked it - aside from the Shebeest chamois from hell. Hmm, now that I think about it, that was the last time I did a 60 miler. :o

I promise to brush the combwebs off Bleu when I get back from Maui.

bikerz
10-11-2005, 07:09 PM
BikerZ - darn, you could have done the metric! You've ridden most of the course already. What's a piddly 20 more miles with only a tiny bit of climbing?I know - I'd love to try a metric one of these days! I'm on the mailing list for the Cinderella ride, and I'm going to keep an eye on the Top Hat Classic also... And next year...