PDA

View Full Version : CW-X Seam Troubles

yellow
03-27-2011, 07:28 AM
Anyone ever have issues with the big seams on the CW-X tights or knickers around the knees?

First time it happened I figured it was a fluke, bunched up material or something. But it happened again yesterday. Where the seam hits the front outside of my patella, it created a big painful bump. It's only on one side as I always McConnell tape the other knee. It's possible that I have a little skin scar tissue on the irritated knee that the seam might be rubbing against but it's hard to tell because it's so darn red and angry.

Just curious if anyone else has experienced this. I guess in the future when I wear these knickers I'll put a layer of cover roll stretch over the patella.

OakLeaf
03-27-2011, 02:26 PM
hmmmm... could the tights have gotten stretched out and too big for you?

Once I pull mine up over my patellas, they stay put - no seams in contact. It sure does sound uncomfortable.

Tri Girl
03-28-2011, 05:19 AM
I've had issues with them on the back of my knees, but never the front. The back is from the bunched up material that creates redness and general malaise. I can't keep it stretched enough back there (even when it's stretched to the gills on the front).
I wonder why it's doing that to you??? Maybe you could put some kinesio tape just over the area that it's rubbing on that knee the next time? Funny how our bodies just find something to be cranky about for no apparent reason.:rolleyes:

colby
03-30-2011, 05:26 PM
Haven't experienced this... the seams leave an imprint on me, but I haven't had chafing. What an interesting place to rub.

You could try the low-tech bodyglide solution, that helps where the seams rub me in most areas. Tape might be best. :(

yellow
03-30-2011, 07:03 PM
Now that it's no longer swollen I see that there is a little scar there, probably from one of my many crash-and-burns. It's on the side of the patella, where the seam runs up toward the outside of the leg. I will try the cover roll next time.

Also, for the record, I'm finding that the floating gusset chafes like crazy after about 3.5-4 hours. I think I'm going to cut it out. I have some older knickers that don't have this and they are much more comfy!