PDA

View Full Version : Fun new PI jersey

Catrin
03-24-2011, 06:06 PM
I bit the bullet last weekend and bought some new bike clothes - one of which was this fun jersey, and TE carries it (http://www.teamestrogen.com/prodPI_0790_16.html) :) There is elastic at the bottom, as you can see, but it doesn't roll up on my like another PI jersey I have. The back matches the front :)

http://images.teamestrogen.com/ri/650/650/2011_Spring/PI-0790-3GK-a.jpg

indysteel
03-24-2011, 06:12 PM
Cute! Do you think it'll ever be warm enough again to wear it? I'm beginning to think our winter will never end!

Catrin
03-24-2011, 06:20 PM
I wore it last night for my awesome wind ride! It was 72 when I started and almost 10 degrees cooler an hour later when I finished - it felt great when I started - sleeveless jersey and no tights...

Back to tights and wool layers this weekend :( That is better than NO ride though!

BTW I couldn't resist it - I got almost-matching socks :)

azfiddle
03-24-2011, 07:24 PM
That's very cute. I wish I could fit into more sleeveless jerseys- but I'm short, short-waisted and busty! I get some big gaps at the bustline/arm hole...

malkin
03-24-2011, 09:28 PM
I am NEVER warm enough for sleeveless!

zoom-zoom
03-25-2011, 05:37 AM
Cute! Do you think it'll ever be warm enough again to wear it? I'm beginning to think our winter will never end!

Ha, I have been having that SAME thought in the past week!

That jersey IS cute...hmmm...I have not had luck with any PI jerseys that have elastic at the bottoms. Boo. :(

zoom-zoom
03-25-2011, 05:38 AM
OMG...and there's a kid's version, too! I just asked my 10 year old son if he would wear it and he said yes! New jerseys are not in the budget, now. Gotta watch for a TE sale! :D

Kathi
03-25-2011, 05:15 PM

Winter will never end? Here we hope not! My favorite ski area closes in mid April and 2 others stay open until June. It has been snowing here in the mtns of Colorado since mid Oct.

Biking season starts in May, maybe. So different from what I remember living in the Midwest.

Kathi
03-25-2011, 05:19 PM
Oh yeah, it's really cute. We have a PI outlet here, I'll look for it.

emily_in_nc
03-25-2011, 05:51 PM
Very cute jersey, but too dark for me -- I like lighter, bright colors for visibility on the road -- yellows, oranges, pinks, reds.

zoom-zoom
03-25-2011, 06:00 PM
This gave me a great picture in my head of you and your 10 yr old boy wearing matching kitty jerseys.

Somehow, don't think that would go over well with him :rolleyes:

But I'd love to see a photo.

(You can tell I don't have kids. Right?)

He's still not to that point where he doesn't want to be seen with mom and dad (I kinda hope he never hits that point) and will openly hug us in front of his friends. Today he didn't have school, so we went to a botanical garden for their indoor butterfly exhibit -- he's just as excited about this as he would be an air show or other "manly" exhibit...pretty balanced kid. He held my hand through the parking lot (his idea, I didn't require him to do it, or anything). He doesn't yet feel too self-conscious. I think it helps that he goes to a Montessori school that is pretty hippie/crunchy in nature...they really work to discourage peer pressure and being judgmental towards one-another.

Catrin
03-26-2011, 08:21 AM
Very cute jersey, but too dark for me -- I like lighter, bright colors for visibility on the road -- yellows, oranges, pinks, reds.

I wear this on my back, so I figure that takes care of it for daylight wear :) There are quite a few reflective bits and there is a place to put a blinkie - am considering that for my long road rides. It is actually not pink but more of a lilac. A bit more of a pastel than I prefer, but it works - I wanted a bright color that wouldn't clash with my bikes :cool: :o

Lots of water storage, lots of other storage. I just found it for $50 at an LBS spring sale - it retails for much higher :) I still have my smaller Camelbak for short rides. I was planning on getting a Hydrapack, but this gives me the same water and item storage, and the bladder IS easier to clean and to open/close even if I can't turn it inside out. I can fit my whole hand inside to clean it :D This means the bladder doesn't have to live in the freezer!