PDA

View Full Version : tights/pants? on mtb?

caligurl
10-11-2005, 12:17 PM
ok.... so i have leg warmers and tights for the road bike.... but what i need to know... is what to wear on the mtb in cooler/cold weather?

do i wear my baggie w/lycra chamois insert mtb shorts with leg warmers? do i wear my "road bike" tights?

what do i wear to be warm? i'm going on a mtb ride sunday and it will be cool/cold for me... so i'll need to cover up my legs.... just not sure the proper way to do it (sweat pants???? :confused: :confused: :confused: )

help!

thanx! :cool:

SadieKate
10-11-2005, 12:37 PM
Whatever makes you happy, comfy, warm and dry!

I ride with a bunch of ex- and current XC racers (some former pros) and everybody wears lycra everything. The only people who routinely wear baggy shorts and leg warmers are the older guys who just haven't been able to convince themselves to appear in public in lycra. There just don't seem to be any fashion issues with anyone I ride with.

Have you tried knickers? I love Shebeest's knickers for mtbiking.

caligurl
10-11-2005, 12:48 PM
hmmmmm so the cute baggie outfits i bought on clearance at supergo were a waste! lol! figures! lol!

i briefly thought about knickers cuz i saw some on clearance... but not my size (again... they were the baggie knicker though!) but kinda don't think i would have bought them anyways... cuz just like on the road bike.. if it's cold enough to cover my legs.. i want ALL of my legs covered... not just my thighs and knees (i tend to get cold easier than most folks!)

sooooo is it ok to wear one of my cute "mtb outfits" (i.e. baggie shorts) w/my leg warmers, then?

SadieKate
10-11-2005, 12:53 PM
Yes. :rolleyes:

caligurl
10-11-2005, 12:54 PM
:mad:

:D :D :D

:p :p :p

thanx!

Irulan
10-11-2005, 01:14 PM
you can always go with baggy shorts over tights.

caligurl
10-11-2005, 01:17 PM
you can always go with baggy shorts over tights.

but that would be two layers of chamois?????

or do you mean just any old baggie shorts... not my cycling specific ones with chamois?

i know... i know.. i'm making this harder than it has to be! lol!

Irulan
10-11-2005, 02:05 PM
don't think so much, your head will hurt less. :D

singletrackmind
10-11-2005, 02:11 PM
I wear chamois-less tights over my shorts or my shorts with my man-catcher socks that I can push down when I get too warm. I hate tights, they really bug my knees and I can't find any long enough-they always stop 6" above my ankle and I have to wear long black socks so they don't look too much like flood pants.

caligurl
10-11-2005, 02:14 PM
don't think so much, your head will hurt less. :D

:D :D :D

:p :p :p

caligurl
10-11-2005, 02:38 PM
man-catcher socks that I can push down when I get too warm.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: