PDA

View Full Version : latest addition, xc bici

Miranda
03-20-2011, 06:57 PM
OK, bike brand snobs, no need to read any further... cos the newest pony in my stable is no blue blood (only colored blue)... kinda more of an animal shelter rescue pet :o lol... but hey, sometimes those turn out to be the best bet, eh?! ;)

I wanted a back up bike to my good carbon roadie, and somethin not so technical as my hard trail mtb. Kinda an inbetween jack of all trades bike. So...

Here's a pic of my new xc bike... it's fast-ish fun like a roadie, but very stable with the fat grippy xc tires... gosh, I almost can't believe I'm gonna say this... but... I might end up being more of a xc type riding fan vs my other bikes:eek:... wow, that's crazy talk! :rolleyes::D

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg230/rotarydial/DSCN0155.jpg"]

Link below is the bike sold as stock, size 48cm was w/in cm geo of my roadie, so she pretty much fits, yay (eventually work on switching some stuff up, but good enough for now)...
http://www.nashbar.com/bikes/Product_10053_10052_511747_-1_202650_10000_202339

Catrin
03-21-2011, 03:36 AM
What matters is that she puts a smile on your face :) Congratulations!

Biciclista
03-21-2011, 06:21 AM
I can definitely relate. I like having rubber under my wheels, the more the better i like it!
enjoy your new bike!

Cataboo
03-21-2011, 10:19 AM
No need to apologize for your bike's pedigree. She looks perfect for what you needed her for. And you do have an orbea (*drool*)

Miranda
03-21-2011, 03:15 PM
:)Thanks! Yes, I have my boutique carbon Orbea, my perfect to me dirt girl Trek mtb, and this fun little xc bike.

Blue Racing makes a sweet xc bike I wanted, but it's 3x the price of what I got (at lowest end alum build).

I wanted to be able to ride the bike somewhere, like on a city trip or commuting, lock her up outside, and not be sick to death that my many $$$ bike could be getting stolen out of the rack. Or ride with the family casually and not freak out the whole time my kid is gonna crash my expensive bike any minute. Still working on the kids getting the concept you need to hold a straight line lol.

She's a nice looking bike, but doesn't say a name brand... which I hope a bike theif might be less zero-ed in on to steal.

If I find I love the xc riding so much I can work towards getting an upgrade. Plus, it would fit my daughter in no time at the rate she is growing lol.

Miranda
03-21-2011, 03:25 PM
Hey... I just remembered something... at what point did we decide on this forum that you need a "bike intervention"?:confused::eek:

Hmm, I think it's OVER three bikes. I'm at three now, so I'm still ok lol;).

Well... except for that 4th one that doesn't fit me at the lbs on consignment that I'm trying to sell... think that doesn't officially "count" lol.

Miranda
03-22-2011, 07:08 PM
As in plain Jane lol... that's what I've decided to name my xc bike. My Orbea's name is Candy, because she is pink like cotton candy, plus sweet. My Trek mtb I've tried to name before, but she somehow remains just "little Trek mtb"- dirt girls are humble anyway and don't mind. :cool: