PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else do this?

LBTC
10-09-2005, 01:49 PM
Lately, after finding myself skipping the healthy veggies I was bringing to work and enjoying the company supplied hot chocolate a few too many times a day, one of my friends (she's recently moved and we keep in touch by email), asked *me* for ideas on how to keep her weight in check! Well, that spurred me into action!

I went to the grocery store and found other healthy alternatives. I had been eating snack carrots daily, but the grocery store must freeze them sometimes, as they can sometimes be slimy and really rather gross. I've totally lost interest in eating them! So this time I bought celery and made humous to put in it and that was pretty good....

Anyway, every day I email my friend. I had been only reporting what I'd done for exercise, but now I report what I brought to eat that day, too! It's working very well! It helps me stay away from really non-nutritious food better than I would since I have to admit to her that I'm eating it! heh. And it helps me stay focused on getting exercise. She's saying it helps her, too, so it's a total win-win!

So, have any of you had a long distance exercise - nutrition buddy?

Namaste,
~T~

Bustertb
10-09-2005, 03:09 PM
I guess that's kinda what Weight Watchers incorporates. I've never done that but it sounds like a great idea.

Mia
10-09-2005, 03:56 PM
I have kept food diaries before, and it's amazing how you won't eat something just because you have to write it down. I kept track of calories and fat grams. It's very motivating to see the healthy food you have eaten. Congratulations on your willpower!

SadieKate
10-31-2005, 08:04 AM
A friend of mine went through an incredible weight loss program at the local Univ hospital. She is now seeing a Behaviorist who has her writing down everything immediately after she eats, not just trying to recall it all that night. My friend looks fabulous, is keeping the weight off and is now completely in love with cycling.

I also write down every morsel when I want to loose weight. I think the best thing it teaches you is to estimate portion sizes better and the actual nutritional and calorie content of food. I also made better choices because I would choose where I wanted that last 200 calories to come from rather than wasting it on something that wasn't as enjoyable.

One last thing, my hubby loves to cook and through this method, he finally learned the proper amount of food to put on my plate compared to his 200 lb male self.