PDA

View Full Version : New Bike!

Clare
10-07-2005, 09:05 PM
I've been looking for quite some time....dreaming of a new lighter bike, and I finally have it! I bought a Specialize Ruby Expert yesterday. I was going to get the pro but would have had to wait another two more months. As it is, I have a little extra money to play with! I did upgrade the wheels to dura-ace.She sure is pretty! Tomorrow I take her on our first real ride. If she is anything like my test-rides, she's going to ride like a dream! I'm thinking about naming her Ruby Sugarfoot..or just Sugarfoot. My very first bike ever was named Sugarfoot (I was horse-crazy). And that bike was just the same color blue as my new Ruby. :)
Happy Riding Everyone!

DeniseGoldberg
10-08-2005, 03:54 AM
Clare -
Congrats! May you have many happy miles on your new bike!

--- Denise

Trekhawk
10-08-2005, 07:40 AM
Clare - that sounds beautiful, happy riding. :)

sarahkonamojo
10-08-2005, 11:34 AM
That was fast.

What size frame did you get?

It sounds like love at first sight. Hope it stays sweet!

skm

Clare
10-08-2005, 11:55 AM
Thanks!! :)

The frame size is a 44. I was very fortunate to get one so quick. Maybe the lbs's owner has connections :) Anyway Specialize is a California based company (in the bay area is my understanding) and according to the owner the company alternates between east coast and west coast on who gets the bikes first.

She rode just like a dream. I took her on one of my routes and I could not believe the difference between the Ruby and my Sequoia. I haven't put my odometer on the ruby yet...but I definitely felt like I was going a whole lot faster! And the best thing of all.... :D is that I had no lower back pain! Its incredible to go for a bike ride and not have my back talk to me the whole way. Just that makes every dollar spent on this bike worth it.

massbikebabe
10-08-2005, 05:47 PM
Best of luck Clare...

I've had my eye on the Ruby...sure looks like a sweet ride :)

karen

JmcG
10-11-2005, 08:12 AM
Congrats on the new bike, Clare. I got my Ruby Expert on Friday also. It rained all Fri and Sat, and I was out of town Sunday - so I finally got a 20 mile ride in yesterday! It's amazing how smooth of a ride the Ruby has (esp compared with my Dolce Elite)! The shifting is like butter, and it feels so fast. I can't wait to put lots and lots of miles on this bike! It's raining again today, so no ride, again. But she's sitting and waiting for the next non-rainy day!

CorsairMac
10-11-2005, 11:37 AM
congrats both on you on your new rides!! getting a new bike is almost better than - well...er....um....something! lol

soooooooooooo are there pixs heading our way?

cusepack
10-11-2005, 06:20 PM
Congrats Clare - I hope you have many, many wonderful rides.

Clare
10-11-2005, 06:26 PM
Congradulations to you, too, JmCG! Isn't it a great bike? I love its ride. Its so smooth and easy on the body. And you're right Corsair...there is not to much better than a brand new bike.

May there be blue skies soon, and may they stay for awhile. :) I'm looking forward to Thursday...I'll have some time to ride!
I'll see if I can get a picture loaded on the computer.

Happy Riding!
Clare

Mia
10-14-2005, 07:00 PM
Hey Clare,

Congratulations on the new bike! I'm oh-so-jealous! :p I just looked it up on the specialized website. I have only been bicycling for a few months on a Specialized Dolce, but I think I'll be dreaming of the Ruby now.

KatieBelle
11-04-2005, 07:21 PM
Okay, now I have serious bike envy. :rolleyes: Congratulations ladies on your new bikes!