PDA

View Full Version : Shopping Sickness

Trekhawk
10-06-2005, 12:58 PM
OK I think maybe Ive got cycling gear shopping sickness. :D I headed down to our closest REI today to buy a winter jacket for my youngest boy and came home with a Bento Box and another Saddle.

In my defence the saddle was in the markdown box, apparently it has a mark on the material so instead of $45 it was $20. I cant pass up a bargain and can live with a mark on the saddle even if I dont need a new one at the moment - hey you can never tell when it might come in handy. The saddle is a Serfas womens RX. Its sorta big but hey it might be comfy- my question is have any of you lovely ladies tried one of these? Interested to know if its really a bargain or perhaps a dud buy. It might be good for an about town bike when I buy one eventually. :)

DirtDiva
10-06-2005, 02:54 PM
More a window shopping sickness actually. Can't afford much, but I have a vast list of stuff I want. Heck, there's even about two things on it I actually need. :p

RoadRaven
10-07-2005, 11:11 AM
LOL... we have that in this house...

But its from the local internet auction site (trademe) - and from other sites that have sales on - we seem to have things arriving every week in the mail - wheels, tools, clothing - that someone will use, and will come "in handy"... there are 4 serious cyclists, 2 wannabe serious cyclists and one occasional cyclist in this house... but even so, think we will hav to build a cycle-specific shed... :p

slinkedog
10-07-2005, 02:36 PM
I've not tried the Serfas RX, but please let me know how it works out. I've seen them and have been interested. I guess I should just get one at REI since everything's returnable there. :)

Trekhawk
10-07-2005, 07:01 PM
I've not tried the Serfas RX, but please let me know how it works out. I've seen them and have been interested. I guess I should just get one at REI since everything's returnable there. :)

Hey slinkedog I will let you know how it goes but at the moment its missing a bike to put it on. I might have to give it a whirl on my road bike just to see what its like. I am a little curious and wont stop laughing if it ends up being really comfy. I spent so much time and energy (plus money) finding a comfy road bike saddle it seems like a bad joke if a better one pops out of the markdown bin. :D

tomgrrrl
10-09-2005, 05:49 PM
I have the Serfa Rx's on all three of my bikes.....I really like the cut-out and at full price ($44) they are still pretty cheap....they have a man's version as well which might fit some better....

Ellen

PS-I tried several saddles including Terry, WTB and Specialized before settling on the Serfa's.....

kiwi girl
10-10-2005, 02:45 PM
I'm with you there road raven - I'm petrified that IT are going to do a snoop at my browser history and see how much time I've spent on trademe. I picked up a tool kit and a rear light yesterday - just waiting for the auction on a front light to close. And as soon as a medical insurance claim comes through I'll be jumping over the www.groundeffect.co.nz

Trekhawk
10-10-2005, 07:25 PM
I have the Serfa Rx's on all three of my bikes.....I really like the cut-out and at full price ($44) they are still pretty cheap....they have a man's version as well which might fit some better....
Ellen
PS-I tried several saddles including Terry, WTB and Specialized before settling on the Serfa's.....

tomgrrrl - good to hear you like the Serfa. Pleased to know I got a bargain after all. Now all I have to do is try it out. I have another bike ordered but its not going to arrive until end of Nov (curiosity will kill me before then) so I guess I will give it a go on my Trek.

Thanks Leslie :)

DirtDiva
10-12-2005, 02:50 AM
Hi kiwi girl! Welcome to TE. :D That's my hometown you're living in! Don't be a lurker: stay and play. :)