PDA

View Full Version : Anyone looking for a riding buddy in SE Wisconsin?

sumognat
04-11-2003, 10:36 AM
I usually ride (road) by myself, but I am be interested in finding somebody to ride with around the Milwaukee area! :D

zencyclist61
04-14-2003, 07:37 PM
I'm a roadie in Milwaukee who's always looking for riding buddies...I like long(er) distances as I'm training for the brevet series to qualify for PBP. Let me know if you want to ride!

Veronica
04-15-2003, 03:57 AM
Keep us posted on your brevet rides. The season out here starts fairly early. The Davis bike club has already had their 200 and 300 Ks. We did the 200 - my butt say no way to the 300 :mad: . The 400 is this weekend.

I'd love to hear all about your experience. How do you stay awake and keep going in the middle of the night?

Veronica

sumognat
04-15-2003, 10:57 AM
zencyclist61:

Where do you ride? I used to live in Riverwest and I mostly rode on Lake Drive. I've moved to the south side recently (Bay View) and it seems Superior Street will be one of my new routes.

I'm fairly new to cycling. I bought my road bike this time last year. I was doing 20 mile rides 3-4 times a week and a 50 mile one day on the weekend. 50 miles is about the longest ride I've ever done.

Are you looking for someone who rides at further distances?

I'm looking to get back into shape again, find some new cycling routes, and hopefully meet some women who cycle.
I wish there was a women's cycling club in the Metro Milwaukee area. Most of the bike clubs have a majority of male members.

Thanks for your reply!

zencyclist61
04-15-2003, 11:06 AM
Hey! You're in luck...I was one of the women involved in the only all women's, sponsored cycling team in Wisconsin -- Team Pedal Power. Maybe you saw our all pink jerseys? We formed our team three seasons ago and that first year, we had 40 women! Our average age was around 40...lots of women in their 30's and 40's, a few in their 20's and 50's. We ranged in experience from brand new, just bought their first road bike, to really experienced racers. Some raced, some just road. It was a great time! Unfortunately, due to some personality issues, we dissolved the team after last season. Many of the women who road w/ us have been gung ho about getting together another team/club, though few want to race. Tentatively, we're calling ourselves the "Lunachicks" and we've got a web site up and running. We've removed the one personality problem (we think there was only one!) and now we're all about riding. If you're interested, let me know. We're mostly all on the north shore or farther north of Milwaukee, but we ride all over and would love to have you. I can't emphasize enough how widely our experiences and goals range.

As for me, my short rides are 25-35 these days, with longer rides around 75-85. But, not everyone wants to go that far, so I find ways to ride w/ the group and then peel off. My first big event is the 26th, so I've got one last weekend to get a long ride in...so, I'll be going long on Saturday, but if you want to hook up for part of it, let me know.

Victoria.
414/228-9846