PDA

View Full Version : Sit bones and Aero position

Star
10-05-2005, 07:04 AM
I would like to know how you're staying on your sit bones in the aero position. I've been having serious pain issues in the pubic area, so obviously I'm not staying in the right position. How do you adjust your saddle to stay in this position? :confused:

RoadRaven
10-05-2005, 11:01 AM
Welcome to the boards, Star

I have my bike set up for time trialing as well as just training on the road. i am almost ready to join the local club and begin racing... when this happens I will get a time-trial specific bike.

However, because I spend alot of time riding on the drops, and when on my own and not in a cross wind, on the aero bars, my bike is set up for riding with my upper body low...

So... thats me... and now an explaination of how it works for me. If you spend alot of time using your aerobars as they are intended (I know some people who use them as a different place to put their hands and dont actually rest their forearms along them)... but if you use them as intended for a more aerodynamic postition - or if you ride alot on your drops, you will need to tilt the angle of the seat down (at the front end) a little... move it in millimetres to start with - a fraction of an inch (sorry - are your working in metrics or imperial - I work in both cause I was at school when this country changed over to metrics).

For optimum comfort in TT position - ie, using aerobars for approx 20-25 km (13- 16 miles) - drop the nose slightly lower than you would have if you were not going to be leaning forward, and move the seat back a fraction so your sit bones still connect with seat... I find when I am down on aerobars I shunt my pelvis back... just fiddle about with seat angle and you will hopefully find a more comfortable place to be.
:)

Have fun with working it out... all the best