PDA

View Full Version : Short online yoga programs?

OakLeaf
02-12-2011, 10:08 AM
Anyone have a favorite? (intermediate level - beginner would be okay but nothing too crazy!) I'm going to be traveling for a couple of days and will really be in need of yoga. I have some audio recordings of my teacher that I took with me this summer, but they're all 90 minute classes and I may not have that big of a chunk of time.

Becky
02-12-2011, 12:09 PM
I've used this one a couple of times: http://www.learnoutloud.com/Free-Audio-Video/Self-Development/Health-and-Fitness/Vancouver-Yoga-Yoga-Quickie/16840. I recommend listening through it once or twice, as Eoin moves kind of quickly once he gets going.

I also like Yoga Sanctuary (http://www.amazon.com/Yoga-Sanctuary-Guided-Hatha-Practice/dp/1564557030)by Shiva Rea. She gives suggestions for shorter sequences in the liner notes, and it's easy enough to make playlists of the recommended tracks. It's also available on the CD producer's website as a digital download.

KnottedYet
02-12-2011, 03:50 PM
I really like the "101 Yoga Poses" app for iPod.

It's much more than just pose descriptions. There are workouts and programs and warm-ups and such as well.

OakLeaf
02-25-2011, 09:43 AM
Thanks!

I did download the 101 Yoga Poses, but never got a chance to use it - the only rooms in that house with enough space to do yoga have the TV blaring on a certain "news" channel 24/7/75 dB, and I just couldn't do it.

I'm keeping it on file for when I need a little home practice. It looks good.

7rider
02-25-2011, 12:18 PM
I have Pocket Yoga for my iPod.
It has pose descriptions, 3 classes, each with 3 levels (beginner, intermediate, and advanced, that you can do for 30, 45, or 60 minutes each). Plus, they recently added "Sun Salutation" sequences - quick stretching workouts you can select by number of repetitions (2-30). Those will give you a quick 15 minute wake-up session....

KnottedYet
02-25-2011, 06:21 PM
As soon as I recharge my iTunes/App acct, I'm gonna get that Pocket Yoga app! That looks great! Thanks! :D

GLC1968
02-25-2011, 09:46 PM
I just signed up for a free online account with

http://yogatoday.com/

They have a free weekly class every week (about an hour long). The free classes are too advanced for me (I'm a complete beginner), but they look interesting. You can also download tons of other programs for $3.99 each.

Grog
06-22-2011, 08:38 PM
It might be too late, but I have the Happy Hips app for the iPod and it was a well-invested $2.

ETA: Looks like this thread was not really legitimately bumped up, and is very old, I didn't check thoroughly before responding. But it's a great app anyway. :)

jacobadam
08-10-2011, 10:30 PM
Yes, lot of websites are available now days. I am sure, how many of them are authorised. I would recommned to find a best yoga training centre near by your hometown.

jacobadam
08-10-2011, 10:32 PM
Dont believe all online websites. Try to get into yoga training centre near by your house.

OakLeaf
06-15-2013, 10:23 AM
Bump. I signed up for a free trial of gaiamtv.com and liked it well enough to subscribe ($10 a month, cancel any time). There are lots of yoga videos with a variety of levels, durations, focuses and teachers. So far I've liked all but one I've done (and that was one I wasn't sure I'd like before I tried it).

I just heard about myyogaonline.com, and that looks like it might offer even more for the same $10 a month. But no free trial to see if I want to switch. Decisions, decisions. Either way these should keep me going when I can't get to the studio.