PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Bon Ton Roulette

kmehrzad
02-12-2011, 05:16 AM
Anyone riding the Bon Ton Roulette this year?

Becky
02-12-2011, 12:20 PM
Oooo....that looks really nice! DH and I haven't signed up for Bike VA yet, as we're waffling back and forth.....

Have you done it before, Kmerhrzad? How are the hills and the weather that time of year?

kmehrzad
02-12-2011, 05:27 PM
Becky,

I have not ridden the Bon Ton Roulette yet but am considering doing it this year. I rode Bike VA last year and had a great time, but the Bon Ton Roulette looks like it'd be a beautiful ride all around the Finger Lakes in a new part of the country I've not ridden through.

In looking at the weather from past years, it appears temps are 60s as the low in the morning and highs of 80s during the daytime, this is from memory, you may want to check again. There are photos from previous rides and you can get a feel for the weather from them. I believe there are some pretty hilly portions, being that the area is a glacial landform.

The cost isn't too bad and breakfast and dinner are included in the registration fee of $525.

Cataboo
02-13-2011, 06:20 PM
A bunch of people I was skiing with this weekend were talking about doing it in 2012.

kmehrzad
02-13-2011, 06:45 PM
A bunch of people I was skiing with this weekend were talking about doing it in 2012.

Any particular reason in 2012 and not 2011?

Cataboo
02-13-2011, 07:57 PM
Any particular reason in 2012 and not 2011?

They've already committed their vacation to other trips in 2011.

wnyrider
02-14-2011, 06:23 AM
Thanks for posting this. I never heard of the Bon Ton Roulette before. Looks interesting.

I had been looking at this ride...
http://www.southerntierbicycleclub.org/fingerlakestour.html
However, this one is earlier in the season and it will not be nearly as warm as the one in July and the black flies may or may not be an issue.

Hmmm... another option to consider.

Psycler
02-19-2011, 10:33 AM
I have done the Southen Teir Great Finger Lakes tour a few times and am planning to do it again this year.
The weather has not been bad in the past. I have not had any issues with black flies in the past.
The price is great for what you get. It is a fun weekend with other bicycle enthusiasts.

I have never done the Bon Ton Roulette. But I have done the Great Big Fany Ride that takes place the same week and actually does some of the same route. That was my first tour and I have been hooked on touring ever since.

http://fanyride.com/homesignup.html

kmehrzad
02-19-2011, 01:44 PM
Thanks for your thoughts on the Bon Ton ride, Psycler. It's nice to have more positive feedback on the area and the ride.

Cataboo
02-19-2011, 05:00 PM
K, Talk to V, she said she was interested in the Bon Ton.