PDA

View Full Version : Review: Trashy Cat Satin Shorts

Nanci
10-01-2005, 04:01 PM
I took my brand new Trashy Cat Black Satin Shorts out for their first ride today. I had planned on testing them earlier this week, but after riding Three Gap Fifty last Sunday, it just didn't happen. My ride today was 100 mile- a good test.

I have to tell you, I wore Patagonia seamless super-technical something or other panties under them. I go commando in my Trashy Cat Sunflower shorts happily, and that is a big achievement for me! So, untested, I have to wear underwear...(Because, and you skinny girls may not appreciate this, trying to be a "good" biker, I tried to go without in some other pair of shorts, only to find out that now my fat belly was sticking to my fat thighs! Not a comfortable feeling. The panties apparently prevent that...)

So anyway, the chamois is different than that of the Sunflower shorts, more padded, stiff and structured, though not bulky. I _never_ felt my sit bones for the entire 100 miles. I did do some shifting around and stretching of things down there after about 50 miles, just to change the pressure areas. I never got any numbness or pain while riding, though I did notice during the second pee stop at 50 miles that it was a teeny bit irritated, but never again, and I _did_ forget to apply any Bag Balm.

Breatheability was great- I didn't feel sweaty in them. They are a bit shorter than my usual, and I _did_ have a teeny bit of sausage effect, but nothing to fret about. Cut is perfect, fabric seems a lot more substantial that Sunflowers. I am not worried about washing them. They are a very comfortable eight-panel cut. Only a teeny bit of heat rash in the leg-gripper area- nowhere near as much as I get in my beloved Primals- I think the TC fabric is more breatheable.

Highly recommended, even for those of us who aren't built like the models on the website!

Nanci

Nanci
10-02-2005, 03:38 PM
I got on my bike for a recovery ride after my century yesterday, and nothing in my undercarriage region was at all tender or sore!! Yay, Trashy Cat!!

And they have gone through two washings on delicate, unscathed.

Nanci

janetsplanet
10-06-2005, 04:10 AM
Where did you purchase these shorts? :confused:

Asphaltgirl
10-06-2005, 10:41 AM
Ladies-
just got an email from Trashy Cat. Sale of 10% off all orders through 10/31....coupon code "SPOOKY" at checkout. Didn't see any minimum order amount, but I could have missed the small print some where.

~AG~

Make sure SPOOKY is in caps! thanks Cali!

DeniseGoldberg
10-06-2005, 10:48 AM
Where did you purchase these shorts? :confused:

Team Estrogen sells a few Trashy Cat items, or you can go directly to the Trashy Cat web site at http://www.trashycat.com

caligurl
10-06-2005, 12:33 PM
Ladies-
just got an email from Trashy Cat. Sale of 10% off all orders through 10/31....coupon code "spooky" at checkout. Didn't see any minimum order amount, but I could have missed the small print some where.

~AG~

nevermind! it worked when i all capped it!

Nanci
10-07-2005, 04:05 AM
I bought them directly from Trashy Cat. New fall line coming out soon!

Nanci

Trek420
10-07-2005, 04:47 AM
Also here:

http://www.teamestrogen.com/brands.asp?brandID=72

just a shameless plug to support our sponsor.

Nanci
10-07-2005, 05:15 AM
But it's worth looking at the company's own website, because there are a ton of additional styles that TE doesn't carry.

Nanci