PDA

View Full Version : hey Veronica and Kim...

bikerchick68
09-27-2005, 02:03 PM
had to tell you... my bro rode the Tour de Two Forests Saturday... he said it made him appreciate all that much more how well organized and run Knoxville was... TdTF was NOT well done... and while he did complete it for the triple crown he said he may as well have ridden it solo. Anyway, please pass that along to the Quack Cyclists... the word of well run rides definitely gets around... and I know the Triple Crown organizers asked about his three and what he thought... Knoxville got high grades! :)

Veronica
09-27-2005, 03:20 PM
So maybe we'll see you up for next year's? After rest stop #2 there's an option of returning to the Start/Finish and making it a Double Metric. You have to do it on your own, but there are a lot of stores along the way.

V.

aka_kim
09-27-2005, 03:45 PM
Congratulations to your brother! That's a huge accomplishment.

Bikerchick, if you ride next year's Knoxville, maybe you can get Veronica to ride along with you.

I've been thinking Knoxville isn't a very vegetarian-friendly ride (not that anyone cares about this except me...). Tuna at lunch, hot dogs and chili later on, chicken for dinner - gonna have to do something about this.

Veronica
09-27-2005, 03:55 PM
Congratulations to your brother! That's a huge accomplishment.

Bikerchick, if you ride next year's Knoxville, maybe you can get Veronica to ride along with you.

I've been thinking Knoxville isn't a very vegetarian-friendly ride (not that anyone cares about this except me...). Tuna at lunch, hot dogs and chili later on, chicken for dinner - gonna have to do something about this.

Have to see why kind of shape I'm in next year.

We had potatoes at our stop. They went fast. You tell those Quacks what they need to make non-meaters happy. :) They'll listen.

V.

bikerchick68
09-28-2005, 09:33 AM
ugh! man, I don't know... I'd have to train hard to be ready... I'm an absolute hill slug... I'd probably consider putting on a triple for something like Knoxville to try to save my knees from exploding too... maybe the double metric at the most...

I never thought about the issue for vegetarians... at Lighthouse they had celery with peanut butter... a bit of natural salt in the celery and some protein in the peanut butter... another good option for veggie stuff! :)