PDA

View Full Version : So cheap and tawdry...

zoom-zoom
12-16-2010, 07:21 PM
That's how my first ride on my new bike felt. After 9 days with no sign of snow/ice-free roads before 2011 I caved and put my new baby on the trainer. It wasn't so bad and it gave me a chance to play with the new SRAM shifter set-up. But I still feel dirty abusing my virgin bike like that. :o

Spring feel so very far away...I can't wait to fly down the roads on that thing. I think he's gonna feel like butter compared to my previous, aluminum bike. :)

redrhodie
12-17-2010, 03:58 AM
Well, it's better than nothing. I say ride him on the trainer and stay in shape. There's nothing worse than that first ride in the spring if you didn't ride at all all winter. You'll have a better idea of how great this bike is if you maintain your fitness.

hebe
12-17-2010, 04:20 AM
oh no! Hopefully spring will be here soon, or at the very least a thaw.

I know how you feel, Santa is sending a week of snow to make sure that I don't ride my new Spesh before Christmas :(

Owlie
12-17-2010, 04:56 AM
Did you at least buy him dinner first? :D

Better than nothing, and it's good that you get a "dry run" with the new shifters. We've got the same weather down here (well, maybe not quite as bad! No lake-effect snow in Cincy!), and I haven't been out at all. It sucks. :/

kermit
12-17-2010, 05:00 AM
At least he's staying clean and not getting all that road grime on his sexy self!

zoom-zoom
12-17-2010, 06:35 AM
Well, it's better than nothing. I say ride him on the trainer and stay in shape. There's nothing worse than that first ride in the spring if you didn't ride at all all winter. You'll have a better idea of how great this bike is if you maintain your fitness.

Oh, I've already been riding indoors for nearly a month on my older road bike. There was a big part of me that thought I should wait until Spring to unveil the new one, but then I kept walking by it and thinking I should at least make sure everything fits. Then I thought I should also get comfortable with the new shifting mechanism...and that was the end of waiting for Spring. :o

Kerry1976
12-20-2010, 11:28 AM
I had the chance just to play on Rosey today on fairly dry pavement, so I took it. Practiced some pathetic looking mounts/dismounts and starting/stopping and clipping in/out. Rode 1 miles around our nearly empty parking lot. Now I don't feel so bad about the trainer. Do you have any chance of doing something like that so you can say you were at least outdoors? Given where you live, I'd guess no. Heck, this time of year, I'd normally not be able to do this!

zoom-zoom
12-20-2010, 01:29 PM
I had the chance just to play on Rosey today on fairly dry pavement, so I took it. Practiced some pathetic looking mounts/dismounts and starting/stopping and clipping in/out. Rode 1 miles around our nearly empty parking lot. Now I don't feel so bad about the trainer. Do you have any chance of doing something like that so you can say you were at least outdoors? Given where you live, I'd guess no. Heck, this time of year, I'd normally not be able to do this!

Nah, our parking lots are a bigger mess than the roads, most of the time. At least the roads *sorta* get plowed. :p

Grits
12-20-2010, 03:29 PM
Good for you! I know how you feel. I only got one 25 mile ride in on my new bike before the weather turned too frigid - for me anyway. Looking forward to a couple of rides this week since the forecast calls for high 40's :) Hope the weather co-operates soon for you so you can get that baby out on the road!