PDA

View Full Version : Spin Class Goodness

tangentgirl
12-15-2010, 11:12 AM
Thought I'd start a thread where you can post about how much your last spin class rocked.

My spin class last night was so great that it ended with a class sing-along to "You've Lost that Lovin' Feelin'." That was pretty awesome.

Adventure Girl
12-15-2010, 11:37 AM
Perfect time for this thread! Last night I took a disco spin class. We did it in the dark (well, almost dark), and the instructor distributed those bendable glow stick things to wear as necklaces, bracelets, halos, or whatever. And she put a few disco songs in the playlist.

It's not something I would want to do EVERY time, but it was a fun change of pace.

Pedal Wench
12-15-2010, 12:40 PM
and the instructor distributed those bendable glow stick things to wear as necklaces, bracelets, halos, or whatever. A

That could be fun around the ankles!

maillotpois
12-15-2010, 03:37 PM
My cycle class last night ended with me again being grateful that there are two doctors in class, just because it was that hard, and it was nice to know they were on hand. :rolleyes: :D

MCAP
12-16-2010, 07:28 AM
Not a spin class per se, but I went to an indoor trainer group ride last night. It was snowing and icing outside so there were only 7 of us. We watched a video of crashes in big road races. It was horrifying, but entertaining enough that I didn't realize that an hour had passed while I was doing stand up intervals and one legged pedaling intervals with rest in between.

tangentgirl
12-16-2010, 10:17 AM
\We watched a video of crashes in big road races.

Wow, nutty! I suppose the distraction would be good, but wow.

I always thought it would be cool if they could project video of cool places to ride on the walls during class.

Miranda
12-20-2010, 06:47 PM
I teach Spinning year round and I love this time of year from an instructor perspective (too cold/icy to ride outside). Attendance naturally goes up... more people generally = more energy = more fun:cool:.

Melalvai
12-21-2010, 08:47 AM
We ended with Lady Gaga "Bad Romance". Every time we heard the word "romance" we were to sit or stand. Now, I hate this song, and it's been stuck in my head ever since. BUT it's such a nice change from the flashbacks & anxiety attacks that I don't mind! Plus it reminds me of spin class and I had a really good time there. I just never thought I would enjoy a spin class, I mean biking without going anywhere? But I'm having a great time. And it's the only time I'm biking, until I can figure out how to ride my own bike without flashbacks & anxiety attacks. I'll miss spin class over the break!

sempernova
01-23-2011, 11:17 AM
Wow, nutty! I suppose the distraction would be good, but wow.

I always thought it would be cool if they could project video of cool places to ride on the walls during class.

This crossed my mind too!!

sallyo
04-02-2011, 01:44 PM
Have been going to 5:45 am classes for the past 8 weeks and just love it. The instructors are great and I love the music. I am going to be 60 this month and was afraid I wouldn't be able to keep up. No way. I am doing great and my thighs are getting like rocks.
It is really addictive.