PDA

View Full Version : Suggest some music to listen to

LynnM
04-06-2003, 12:58 AM
Any suggestions for good music to listen to? What is new or old Thanks, LynnM;)

Irulan
04-06-2003, 07:02 AM
For working out I love the blues or R&B... The John Scofield band is my latest discovery.

I work solitary in a workroom all day, listen to lots of different things when I get sick of the radio.

I sure like Etta James, Erikah Badu

The usual females: Indigo Girls, Sarah M, shawn Colvin;

Alison Krause has an amazing voice (CD- Forget about it)

Big Head Todd and the Monsters (rock)

Gershwin ( contemporary classical)

Lyle Lovett and Dixie Chicks are good for country

Latin

Not sure what you were looking for but here'a basic list of ideas.I go to the library a lot and bring home cd's that I haven't a clue about just to try new stuff.

Irulan

goddess1222
04-06-2003, 11:23 AM
i tend to like something a little loud. the new Madonna Cd is great. i also love Lenny Kravitz. i swear the guy is in love with me but he doesn't know it yet.

gapgoil
04-06-2003, 12:03 PM
I'm a pretty big fan of Holly Mcnarland, Avril and Limp Bizkit when I ride. I tend to mix things up a bit to keep a quick pace....any good drivin' music is good ridin' music for me....

paintgirl
04-07-2003, 03:53 AM
I have been forced to do all my biking indoors on my trainer so far this year thanks to the very nasty winter that won't go away, 25 cm of new snow on Sat., oh well I listen to a variety of music, being 50 + I have a lot of music I like. I usually warm up to some David Gray, then the variety, I had my son do a couple of cd's so I didn't have to keep changing music. L like it really loud, and I can close off the sunroom where I bike from the rest of the house, so not too many complaints, old instrumentals by the Ventures, steppenwolf, doors, bonnie tyler, jethro tull, I use the soundtrack from Bandits movie, I think Gallows Pole is my max heart rate song!! I can't do 15 mins without music, with the right sound 60-70 mins fly by .... I will now go and pray for a chinook to melt this %#^&& snow,, ..... paintgirl

LovesFrance
04-07-2003, 09:42 AM
The workout music that gets me moving the most is anything by the Gipsy Kings.