PDA

View Full Version : What to do with that leftover Gatorade!

TrekJeni
09-19-2005, 07:00 PM
Do you find yourself dumping your leftover Gatorade down the drain after your ride? Don't! Enjoy a nice refreshing Gator-ita by adding tequila. :eek: Doing our first century this weekend, my friend and I talked about anything and everything. We even made up our own little song that we sang/shouted every ten miles.

(sung to the tune of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall")
100 more miles to go on the bike
100 more miles to go
Pedal around
Up and down
100 more miles to go on the bike!
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

We started talking about what to drink to celebrate and thought lemon lime Gatorade mixed with tequila would be great. And it was! When we got back to the house, I poured tequila in our camelbaks and topped with more Gatorade as she was unpacking her bike. The look on her face was priceless when she took a sip!

Rakekay
09-19-2005, 07:24 PM
Hysterical! Both the song and the Gatorade-ita. I must try them both.

DirtDiva
09-20-2005, 03:05 AM
And here I was, bummed that I have been given a great big bottle of Sauza and I can't find any margarita mix to go with it...

Absolutely LMAO! :D

Musclicious505
09-20-2005, 05:41 AM
Or you can add vodka and call it Russian Sports Drink...... :rolleyes:

nicolezoie
09-24-2005, 12:55 PM
Or you can add vodka and call it Russian Sports Drink...... :rolleyes:

Actually, it tastes pretty good! :D

RoadRaven
09-29-2005, 01:47 PM
If we have any leftover /unused leppin or carboshotz left, we pop it in the freezer, in the bottle it was in and get it out next time it is needed...

Pedal Wench
09-29-2005, 06:34 PM
On a slightly serious note - how long does Gatorade stay okay in the fridge? I bought a big bottle of the lemonade flavor, opened it, and then forgot about it. It's been in the fridge for a few months. Still okay? And, okay for how much longer?

Blueberry
09-30-2005, 08:42 AM
On a slightly serious note - how long does Gatorade stay okay in the fridge? I bought a big bottle of the lemonade flavor, opened it, and then forgot about it. It's been in the fridge for a few months. Still okay? And, okay for how much longer?

I'd be careful - I pre-mixed to much before a ride, kept it in the fridge for a week and it nearly grew a new life form :eek: Icky! Maybe the kind you buy in the bottle is more stable?

RoadRaven
09-30-2005, 11:42 AM
LOL...

New life forms walking outta the fridge... :eek: thats why we freeze it...

Seems to have a good life length in the freezer... ;)