PDA

View Full Version : New Women's Cycling Magazine

Laguna
10-24-2010, 12:51 PM
I ran across two new cycling magazines this week, Paved and She Pedals.

"Paved" is a general cycling magazine that looks fantastic but has more racing info than I would like. Seems like there are a number of other sources out there that already have that covered. $7.00 per issue.

"She Pedals" doesn't look as classy but looks to be more of a shoestring operation. I bought it hoping it would encourage my wife but I have enjoyed reading it as well. It is a little bit of everything; racing, lifestyle, training, etc. I have issue 3 but apparently the first couple of issues are going to be available on-line.

There is a dearth of adverting so there is a lot of white space. This appears to be produced by an all woman editorial staff and a labor of love....and a small budget. I hope some advertisers step up including all the manufacturers who produce WSD bikes. This too is $7.00 at the newstand...whew, whatever happened to magazines for $1.25? None the less, I wish them well and I would think many forum members here might like this. No affiliation.

http://shepedalsmagazine.com/wordpress/

ridebikeme
10-25-2010, 03:39 PM
I subscribed to Shepedals back in August, so haven't seen a copy yet. I know that market is very difficult right now, so I hope that they both are able to make it financially.;)

http://chasecyclery.blogspot.com

buffybike
10-25-2010, 05:14 PM
I really liked Paved...it really seemed to focus on the love of the sport, not just the latest equipment.

chicagogal
10-26-2010, 04:52 AM
I was given a copy of She Pedals by the promoters of a race I did this summer. It is a really nice magazine. There were a lot of stories about nutrition and recipes for nutritious meals. There was something too 1950s-ish about that for my taste, but eating well is important, so maybe I was being too sensitive :)

Laguna
10-26-2010, 07:39 AM
I was given a copy of She Pedals by the promoters of a race I did this summer. It is a really nice magazine. There were a lot of stories about nutrition and recipes for nutritious meals. There was something too 1950s-ish about that for my taste, but eating well is important, so maybe I was being too sensitive :)

Maybe, they are having a little trouble coming up with enough articles...being a start-up. Wonder if they are open to some free lance submissions?

Steve