PDA

View Full Version : Is yours a girl or a boy?

alpinerabbit
09-16-2005, 11:57 PM
I think mine's a boy and I think he should be named Fred....

http://www.bronesbikeshop.com/Pete's%20LOOK%20281.jpg

(this isn't MINE, just the identical build. mine has far less flashy wheels tho)

singletrackmind
09-17-2005, 03:46 AM
Oddly, mine have no gender but they do get cajoled as if personalities were there. :rolleyes:
Mmmmm, keyword, personalities. Maybe I am dealing with multiples here and that's why there's no gender.
No, really, I've just thought of that...brilliant really, like cubic zirconia... :eek:

greenchick
09-17-2005, 06:57 AM
Fred's gorgeous, whatever s/he is!

Esther is a girl; not just because she's a WSD, but because it was the name that fit her right away.

Trekhawk
09-17-2005, 08:03 AM
Oddly, mine have no gender but they do get cajoled as if personalities were there. :rolleyes:
Mmmmm, keyword, personalities. Maybe I am dealing with multiples here and that's why there's no gender.
No, really, I've just thought of that...brilliant really, like cubic zirconia... :eek:

singletrackmind - LOL. My bike has no gender either. I love it - but have no idea what IT is. :)

MomOnBike
09-17-2005, 03:19 PM
Oh, mine are all boys. As are my musical instruments (what? a girl string bass???), and cars, and, and, and,...

With absolutely no offence intended to those who "bat for the other team," I'm just not built to spend that much quality time with anything but a boy. <shrug>

Trek420
09-17-2005, 04:13 PM
MomOnBike writes "With absolutely no offence intended to those who "bat for the other team," I'm just not built to spend that much quality time with anything but a boy. <shrug>"

no offense taken, Mom ;-)

my road bike's a girl not just because of the puhrty plum metalic paint. Today with her moody intermitent rear derail' issues that tried to throw me off her, most deffinately a girl, a girl who needs a day at the bike spa, maybe some chocolate....

my nameless GT hardtail may be a guy? I'll ride it more often and find out. I'm thinking if it's a guy s/he's 12 year old boy type, stomping in puddles doing pranks laughing at movies like American Pie, or maybe a tomgirl or boi.

OMG, my *bike* has gender identity issues and no name. The GT is just back from the shop and s/he cleaned up nice. I may tilt towards girrl with pink bottle cages.

and whichever s/he is Fred is handsome and or gorgeous!! :cool: :rolleyes: ;)

DirtDiva
09-18-2005, 03:58 AM
With absolutely no offence intended to those who "bat for the other team," I'm just not built to spend that much quality time with anything but a boy. <shrug>

LOL. I've never really thought about it, but that may be exactly why my bike is a girl. :p And, yeah, no offence taken. :)

MomOnBike
09-18-2005, 04:48 PM
I've never really thought about it, but that may be exactly why my bike is a girl.

<giggle> Makes sense to me!

roughingit
09-18-2005, 09:33 PM
http://www.trophybikes.com/images/fuji_touring.jpg

Now does that look like a girl to you?! Hehe, I refer to Fujitsu as a male bike, much to the confusion of friends.

DirtDiva
09-20-2005, 02:58 AM
Yeah, no, it really doesn't. Maybe you could make him feel pretty with a nice pink bottle cage or two... :p

MomOnBike
09-20-2005, 09:17 AM
No problem sexing that bike. That's as male as they come.

CorsairMac
09-20-2005, 11:45 AM
gee - that one was tough to call - I would've said that was a she, due to the rack of course! :p

DirtDiva
09-20-2005, 02:38 PM
Rotflmao!!!

roughingit
09-20-2005, 09:47 PM
gee - that one was tough to call - I would've said that was a she, due to the rack of course! :p

Haha, but mine has *two* racks though, not sure what you'd call that?! :eek:

Not on my life would I put *pink* on my nice manly ride! He has tasteful subdued silver bottle cages, that match the artfully placed stripes of reflective tape that almost, but not entirely match the paint job. :D

gretassister
09-25-2005, 06:12 PM
I have one male, a big burly black Trek cyclocross, and one female , a sleak looking, but actually heavier than the male, Schwinn road bike.

bicyclulz
09-21-2007, 09:58 AM
http://www.trophybikes.com/images/fuji_touring.jpg

Now does that look like a girl to you?! Hehe, I refer to Fujitsu as a male bike, much to the confusion of friends.

Hey roughing it, I think I found your bike's gf....meet my PINKZILLA

http://www.akibo.co.jp/fuji_contents/women/finest_20/img/zoom.jpg

:D

glamgurl36
10-04-2007, 07:29 AM
Mine's a girl..hahah a tough girl tho, dont get any ideas haha:p

csr1210
10-04-2007, 10:48 AM
Both of my bikes are WSD, but only one is a girl.

I have no idea why, but my mountain bike has always been a boy (named -- originally enough -- Bikey:o ) Windy, my new road bike is a girl even though I don't think she's really "girly" looking. For some reason, she just says female to me....

KnottedYet
10-04-2007, 08:12 PM
all 3 of my steel bikes are girls.

Flosshilde the Waterford is a Rhinemaiden. Oooh, yeah...

Carmelita Crow Cross Check the Surly Disco Queen is a kick-butt tomboy not afraid to get dirty NOR to sail elegantly and gracefully down the bike trail. She takes special joy out of passing wannabe racer-boys while I'm wearing a skirt and flip-flops. She sports BMX pedals and a sprung Brooks saddle and is proud of it!

Mitzy G.O.V. (Gorgeous Operator-powered Vehicle) the Kona Smoke is sort of named after Missy Giove. 'nuff said.