PDA

View Full Version : New England Worlds!

SheFly
10-01-2010, 10:57 AM
Yup - it's here - the race all of New England waits for every year - the Gran Prix of Gloucester (http://www.gpgloucester.com/). Weather is supposed to be sunny and cool all weekend (after a pretty good torential rain today), the club has reserved a prime location in club row, the bikes are ready, the cowbells are set and the lederhosen have come out of storage!

Most exciting? There are NINETY-NINE Cat 3/4 women pre-registered to race tomorrow. NINETY-NINE ! That, my friends, is incredible!

Bring it! I so can't wait...

SheFly

Crankin
10-01-2010, 01:24 PM
A beer garden??? You might see me.

SheFly
10-01-2010, 02:39 PM
A beer garden??? You might see me.

Crankin - you should totally come out! It's a spectacle and a half, and yes, there is a beer garden ;). If you come, stop by the NEBC tent!

SheFly

7rider
10-01-2010, 03:23 PM
Why oh why did this race become such a huge deal only AFTER I left the North Shore??? Sigh. :rolleyes:
Are you racing?? Have fun. Can't wait to hear all about it.
Don't forget pictures! :D

Crankin
10-01-2010, 03:35 PM
Are you doing the 3/4 race? I can't remember what category you're in for cross. It looks like that starts at 10:00. The beer starts at 11:00 :).
I think we will come. It sounds fun.

SheFly
10-02-2010, 02:57 AM
Yes - racing the 3/4 race at 10:00 am. I have to pit for DH for his race at noon, but will be around. Like I said, look for us in the tent. I'll be easy to spot - the only person @ G'ster wearing Lederhosen ;). Wavedancer and Voodoo Sally will be racing then also.

SheFly

eofelis
10-02-2010, 05:50 AM
Someday I'm going to have to get back to the North Shore to visit my family when the races are going on Gloucester. I grew up in Ipswich. My mom grew up in Gloucester.

My bf, who is from San Diego and has never been to New England would love it. He still doesn't quite believe New England really exists. It's Middle Earth, The Shire, to him. lol

Crankin
10-03-2010, 04:35 PM
SheFly, we really enjoyed watching the race! And Wavedancer, I immediately knew that was you, with the propeller :).
I tried finding both of you after the race, but we must have crossed paths. It was a wee bit early for beer, so we headed home, so we could ride. What a beautiful setting for a race.
Funny, I hated going to races when Scott started racing, but I guess it was mostly the other parents. Some were just like the "hockey parents" you read about in the paper. I guess it grew on me. It was so nice to see the 10-14 year olds. Some of them were fast.

wavedancer
10-04-2010, 04:17 AM
SheFly, we really enjoyed watching the race! And Wavedancer, I immediately knew that was you, with the propeller :).

Sorry I missed you! I had a blast and for the first time actually felt like I was racing in the middle of the pack for a while instead of doing an off-road time trial off the back! Maybe the propeller helped!