PDA

View Full Version : Brown County Hills Challenge

Catrin
09-29-2010, 11:58 AM
Has anyone been on this ride? It is this weekend... I will have to really test my leg to see if it has fully recovered but it is attractive. I also know that I am slow in hills and am wondering just how insane an idea this is.

I've an elevation chart of the 50 mile route and of course it looks quite hilly. The problem is that I've not worked enough with such charts to be able to really translate them to the road and my legs...

Kathi
09-29-2010, 12:34 PM
I've never done this ride but I have done several TRIRI's that went through Brown County and the area is quite hilly. Living and riding around the Cincinnati area and used to lots of hills I still considered Bown County very hilly. One road, I can't remember if it was Bean Blossom or Bear Wallow I didn't even try to ride, I resigned myself to walking it.

The 25 mile route might not be so bad but I don't recognize any of the roads so I can't say for sure.

Catrin
09-29-2010, 01:30 PM
I have been on two rides that took me into eastern Brown County, but I suspect that the area this ride is located is the hilliest part of the county - and that is saying something :eek: I so want to do this ride....but my instincts are telling me to wait until next year when I will have, hopefully, better hill-climbing legs. I think it is the challenge that is the attraction :)

I am going for a light ride tonight, then a harder ride Friday to test my leg to see if it has recovered. If so, then I may well head down to Morgan Monroe State Forest Saturday morning to play in hills.