PDA

View Full Version : rode the iguana

elizabethC
03-24-2003, 02:07 PM
went for my first ride ever on my iguana sunday. we rode a smooth paved trail along the welland canal in st. catharines. i believe chris and i went about 10km or so.
the dirt trails are still so wet and would get damaged if we hit them to soon

i did great unclipping from my pedals, i practiced ALOT in my livingroom for about a week before hand..lol

it was great fun and dirty, i made sure i got muddy, just to prove to myself that i'm not afraid to get my beloved bike and clothes dirty lol ( there was some unpaved areas but off trail)

i have alot to learn before i hit the dirt trails i'm sure
I'm taking a course at the university about mountain biking, its taught by the coach of the squad i'll be joining

just though i'd let everyone know, can't wait for the next ride !!!

mountain bike queen_eli :D

Irulan
03-25-2003, 10:16 AM
welcome to the wonderful world of dirt.

My hubby bought me my first bike, too me out and trashed me, and I found for the longest time I preferred riding with women who were more patient with a beginner. Once I got my first real taste of fun on single track, there's been no going back. Now I ride more than he does!!

Kpicha
03-25-2003, 02:44 PM
Fun fun fun!! Just wait until you start crossing logs and catching air! Woo hoo, let the fun begin! Its addictive so, be prepared :)

Its great that you can take a course! Taking a class greatly improved my skills and confidence. Once you get the basics down, everything else will fall into place. Its take a lot of time though. I'm into my second season and I'm finally gaining more confidence on getting over logs. Of course, getting a brand new bike that fits properly really helped :D

Cheers,
Kristina

gapgoil
03-25-2003, 07:28 PM
I love riding with my girl-friends!! We really teach eachother alot, and encourage as well. You will certainly meet some women to ride with when you take your class. Until then, enjoy the weather... there are no trails even close to being thawed out yet up here....can't wait to even hit a paved path that isn't under water!!!

MightyMitre
03-26-2003, 02:46 AM
Cool trip!

I'm a roadie myself but I've got an ancient, very heavy mountain bike which I keep for those special occasions when I feel the need to cake myself in mud. I'm not very efficiant but easy, flatish single track with some good puddles is excellent.

Like the sound of the course your going on - as far as I know there isn't really anything available like that in where I live. Should be excellent fun.

By the way - I also spent the week in my living room pracitsing getting out of my pedals when I got my bike. I still did a spectacular slow-motion fall when I approached a set of red traffic lights and laughed so much I couldn't get up!:D