PDA

View Full Version : WTB vs a Specialized

JLD
09-10-2005, 08:33 PM
The original saddle on my Norco--some regulation standard--was quickly obvious on my longer day trips--+30km--to be unacceptable--sore sit bones--even with bike shorts on. I then switched to a simple terri--and did a long 80km ride--same problem--sore sit bones after 30km...went with a WTB--the idea being it was flat and rigid--however--for my regular work rides and such-under 12km--without bike shorts--absolutely useless. Even With bike shorts--the cut out--just didn't feel right. I have just installed a specialized--and so far-so good, past 20km anyway.

Nattie
02-10-2007, 08:22 PM
... and how do you find it now? I ask because I have just ordered a Jett by specialized ... and i hope it is good!!!!!

ClockworkOrange
02-11-2007, 02:06 AM
I bought the following saddle in October, it is so comfortable. From the first day I used it, never had any problems. Plus it looks good.

I am not sylph like, unlike some of the gorgeous girls on this site, so this particular saddle suits my derriere a treat.

Specialized BG2 Sport Womens Saddle

Proven Body Geometry vascular pressure relief developed for our high-end saddles.
Scientifically proven BG2 reduces the blood flow problems in most other saddles.
Scientifically proven Body Geometry design with V-Groove plus window relieves pressure and improves bloodflow , even in extreme riding positions
Elastic Shell Technology for sit-bone cushioning
Synthetic cover
Hollow Cr-Mo rails
265mm long x 150mm wide
Approximate Weight: 380gm
Price $46.48

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Missbe/spec_sddlebg2sport_w_04_m.jpg

Sally