PDA

View Full Version : Yes I am Precious

Roadtrip
08-16-2010, 04:46 AM
Has anyone else been reading?

http://yesiamprecious.com/

This is a story of a incredible lady. She crashed out on attempt 1.0 and spent two hours in a ditch until someone found her unconscious pretty busted up and now is riding again to complete the trip.

She's riding across the country to raise money for Livestrong. The website is pretty cool as it tracks her progress and even the bike (Precious) has his own Twitter account.

Pretty good read and a GREAT cause :)

Shannon

Possegal
08-16-2010, 07:22 AM
I've been following them both on Twitter and get a chuckle out of both of their posts. :)

BikingNurse
08-17-2010, 08:31 AM
I like it!:D

Bike Chick
08-18-2010, 01:43 AM
Pretty cool! It looks like she is coming right through my backyard. Wonder how I can catch her for just one day?

Catrin
08-19-2010, 03:09 AM
This is great, and I signed up on Twitter just so that her updates can come to my phone. I've only used the text feature of my iPhone very rarely in the last year that I've had it but that slowly seems to be changing...

sfa
08-19-2010, 03:52 PM
That's a really cool website--nice technology! I had been following her blog, but not her bicycle!

Sarah

Bike Chick
08-19-2010, 05:55 PM
Have you checked the website today? She's about 40 miles from where I live and the picture on the website is the Ohio river. I'm out of town on business or I would try to catch her as she's passing through. Pretty neat!