PDA

View Full Version : Boston?

han-grrl
08-23-2001, 09:58 AM
I am planning on going to the Boston area next week. I am probably staying at Wompatuck state park. has anyone mountain biked there? or does anyone know some great places to mountain bike near boston, or further more, anybody suggest any MUST SEE things in boston. i have never been, and as i am going to be there for just a few days, i want to make the most of my trip.

thanks!

Han

coelura
08-27-2001, 11:54 AM
Been there twice (both very short trips), but I can recommend going downtown and taking the self guided walking tour. You'll see Faneuil Hall, the markets... lots of cool historical things....

There ought to be something online about them, or call the Boston Chamber of Commerce.

Coelura

han-grrl
09-19-2001, 06:47 AM
Hi All

i guess i never posted about my ride. My fiance and i rode Middlessex Fells near Boston. It was quite nice. there is an offical Mountain Bike Loop which has a variety of terrain. The ride came recommended by some people in a local bike shop. there are many unmarked trails too. definitely ride at your own risk (or in my case, walk and carry bike at own risk) :D

Cheers

Han