PDA

View Full Version : Tight Choice

Trekhawk
09-06-2005, 11:13 AM
Hi ladies - Im on a mission to complete my winter cycling wardrobe and have been looking at the tights here at TE. Im after a pair with the water resistant fabric at the front as I hope to keep riding all thru winter. They have three types here that appeal but how to narrow it down.

The three are:
Sugoi Firewall tight

PI Amfib tight ( These sound good as a few girls have recommended these to me on another thread)

Louis Garneau Stopzone.

Also if you wear one of these do you still wear your normal shorts under the tights (I think I will need the padding from my shorts) and how comfy is that option.

Thanks for any info you can pass along it is greatly appreciated. :)

DeniseGoldberg
09-06-2005, 11:52 AM
I wear the Pearl Izumi AmFib tights in cold weather, and I wear a pair of cycling shorts under the tights. Works for me...

--- Denise

Sedona
09-06-2005, 01:52 PM
Hi Trekhawk,

I bought the AmFib a couple of years ago, and they are just wonderful. But, at least in the edition I have, the super-waterproof fabric is in the front only. Nevertheless, it's been doing a great job.

Like denise says, do shorts first, then the AmFib seems to be good down to about 30 degrees. An extra set of tights (I have castelli bib tights) in between takes it down further (if you dare!).

And, best cold weather trick I've found, Toe Warmers!

Have fun!

Trekhawk
09-07-2005, 12:07 PM
Thanks girls I think I will go with the Amfib. :)