PDA

View Full Version : Too short skort

dstrauss
09-06-2005, 09:58 AM
I just bought a vanalli (sp?) skort. It does not get caught when riding and looks OK for the coffee shop or grocery store.

However, it is a little short to start with and then rides up, giving me chafed inner thighs. Not bad for a one-two hour ride once in a while with some occasional tugging down, but it would cause trouble on a longer ride or on a multi-day ride.

1. Anything to do? Loosening side seams? Strategic guaze? Gripper holder? Are the Terry's skorts long enough so this problem won't happen?

2. And which regular shorts run longer than others? I haven't had this problem with even cheap regular shorts.

I am short, thighs are not small, and the medium skort fits well otherwise.

Best,
Deb

Shimpie
09-06-2005, 10:08 AM
Deb, I find that if my the shorts don't have any leg grippers, they'll ride up. Perhaps you could sew in some silicone on the inside of the hem. I couldn't tell you where to find silicone though.

-Shimpie

emily_in_nc
09-06-2005, 04:42 PM
Hi Deb,

I have two of the Terry Racer Skorts, which are the shortest ones. I am 5'2" and find these to be the perfect length for me, not too short at all. The shorts are nice, though the padding is not thick; still works well for me, and the legs do not ride up at all. Terry also makes a longer skort called a Commuter Skort, for taller gals or those who prefer more coverage, but they would be longer than I'd want for my height. The quality of Terry skorts is excellent, but they are pricy unless you buy them on sale or ebay - both mine were from ebay, so I got good prices. :)

Emily

dstrauss
09-07-2005, 07:39 AM
I wrote about skorts riding up. Thanks for good responses.

Somebody mentioned using silicone as a gripper in skorts/shorts without grippers. This skort has grippers; they just ride up.

I'm confused about shorts without grippers and how one would use silicone (assuming I can find the right thing.

Best
Deb

Shimpie
09-09-2005, 06:30 PM
Somebody mentioned using silicone as a gripper in skorts/shorts without grippers. This skort has grippers; they just ride up.

I'm confused about shorts without grippers and how one would use silicone (assuming I can find the right thing.

I was me. I wrote about the leg grippers. I have shorts without leg grippers that continually ride up.

I was suggesting that if you didn't have leg grippers, that you could sew some into the hem. However, if your skorts already have grippers and they still ride up, then sewing more silicone/rubber (whatever leg grippers are made of) would just be redundant.

Perhaps your shorts are just too loose?

-Shimpie