PDA

View Full Version : Heading to Prince Edward Island for an 11-day tour

DeniseGoldberg
09-05-2005, 05:27 AM
It's time for another tour with my trusty purple bike!

I'm headed for Prince Edward Island, and I'll be riding around the island (or should I say around the province?) in a counter-clockwise direction starting on Friday, September 9th. I've given myself 11 days (well, 10 days with a rest day) to ride what I think is about 600 miles.

My journal for this adventure can be found at http://denise2005pei.crazyguyonabike.com.

My starting thoughts are already in the journal, and I plan to update it from the road, with photos to follow after I return home. I'd love it if you would follow along with me in my journal. I'll be on the road from September 7th through the 21st, and I'll be biking from the 9th through the 19th. If you want to reach me during that time, please sign the guestbook in my journal; it's likely that with limited Internet access I won't be on the TE site during my trip.

--- Denise

Trekhawk
09-05-2005, 08:09 AM
Denise - hope you have a great time and cant wait to read all about it.
Keep safe.
Trekhawk :)

newfsmith
09-05-2005, 09:11 AM
Have a great ride! We will all be checking your journal (and drooling with jealousy). Here's wishing you good weather, many new friends, and no mechanicals.

DirtDiva
09-05-2005, 01:05 PM
It sounds like the weather should be perfect at this time of year - hope so at any rate! Hope it all goes smoothly. That's a fantastic pic of your bike, by the way.

emily_in_nc
09-05-2005, 01:15 PM
Oh goodie! Another wonderful Denise tour journal! I can't wait and will be following right along with you. Make sure to include plenty of food details! :cool:

Emily

DeniseGoldberg
09-07-2005, 05:55 AM
Thanks for all of your good wishes. And since wishes like yours definitely don't add any weight to my bike, your wishes are coming along with me as I head to PEI - by car today & tomorrow, and then my trusty bike becomes my preferred transportation.

--- Denise

bluerider
09-09-2005, 07:15 PM
Best of luck Denise!!! PEI is really beautiful and I hope you have a safe and wicked ride. Canadians are super friendly! ;) Look forward to reading your journal.

Trekhawk
09-21-2005, 11:50 AM
Hey Denise - I read all about your ride, its sounds like you had a great time.
Welcome back and I look forward to reading about your next adventure. :)

DeniseGoldberg
09-21-2005, 12:32 PM
Hey Denise - I read all about your ride, its sounds like you had a great time.
Welcome back and I look forward to reading about your next adventure. :)

Thanks! I still have to finish my journal and upload pictures. I'll add a note here when the pictures available.

And then I'll have to dream up my next trip. That's my winter task...

--- Denise

shadon
09-22-2005, 09:50 PM
Just finished looking at your journal. I'm so impressed! Both with your trip and with your keeping a journal.....you're an inspiration! How cool it would be to take my bike to Maine!

emily_in_nc
09-23-2005, 01:06 PM
Denise ~ Welcome home! I enjoyed reading your tour reports (thanks for the food details you included, sounded yummy!!!) and am glad you're home safely, stronger than ever and no worse for the wear. Congratulations on another successful tour!

Emily

DeniseGoldberg
09-25-2005, 07:37 PM
To all who have been riding along with me -

Thanks for all of your good thoughts, and thanks for following my adventure in PEI. It was a great place for touring, and I have a feeling that I'll be visiting there again some day.

I'm still in the process of uploading photos to my crazyguyonabike (http://denise2005pei.crazyguyonabike.com) journal, but I have finished creating my smugmug photo galleries. If you are interested in seeing my photos, I've placed them in 6 sub-galleries within the gallery titled Wandering along the edge: September 2005.

You can get to the top level gallery at http://denise.smugmug.com/Travel/114285.

Once you select a subgallery, there will be a slideshow button on the top right corner of the screen.

Enjoy!
--- Denise

DeniseGoldberg
10-01-2005, 06:04 AM
I've finally finished uploading pictures to my crazyguyonabike journal. While there is some overlap between the photos in my journal and in my smugmug gallery, there are also pictures in both places that are not in the other.

Journal pics can be seen at http://denise2005pei.crazyguyonabike.com by either paging through the journal or by selecting the slideshow option in the menu above the journal.

My smugmug galleries (6 of them!) can be seen at http://denise.smugmug.com/Travel/114285. Once you select a subgallery, there will be a slideshow button on the top right corner of the screen.

Now all I have to do is figure out is where my bike and I will be traveling next!

--- Denise

Bike Goddess
10-01-2005, 12:52 PM
Hi Denise- Glad to hear you are back. I'll check the photos too. Haven't followed your journey, but now I will!!!!

jeannierides
10-08-2005, 06:03 PM
Denise, welcome back! What awesome pictures! Thank you for sharing them with us!! :)

DeniseGoldberg
10-09-2005, 06:33 AM
Denise, welcome back! What awesome pictures! Thank you for sharing them with us!! :)

You're very welcome! I love exploring new places on my bike and with my camera, and it's fun to hear that other people are enjoying my trip too.

Dogmama
10-16-2005, 06:40 PM
I finally had some time to sit and read your journal. Biking from inn-to-inn sounds better than camping! I've done both and I much prefer a nice hot shower!

Thanks for taking the time to share your vacation with us!

JLD
10-18-2005, 05:36 AM
I Also appreciate your road trip stories-as I saw them first presented over at 'Crazy Guy'. It gives me inspiration and influenced my preparations for my own first short little ride earlier this year. Thanx! :)
Jill in Ottawa