PDA

View Full Version : tights with chamois

lyndaj
09-03-2005, 12:57 PM
I live quite close to Toronto, Ontario. My new Cannondale R900 which was supposed to ship yesterday is now delayed until the end of the month.

I would like to get a few road rides in before it gets too cold and I have to put it on the trainer. I am looking for tights that have the chamois inside. My LBS doesn't carry women's tights like that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Lynda

runnergirl
09-03-2005, 01:29 PM
www.terrybicycles.com

has several different tights with chamois, I just ordered the cool weather ones (on sale), so no personal experience with them yet...

DeniseGoldberg
09-03-2005, 02:52 PM
Another good option is just wearing knee warmers or leg warmers with your shorts. That's what I do until it gets really really cold out - at which point I switch to using Pearl Izumi AmFib tights (with no chamois) over my biking shorts.

--- Denise

jobob
09-03-2005, 03:43 PM
I second Denise's suggestions, you have many more options in the "in-between" season when it still might warm up in the afternoon, so you can pull off the leg/knee warmers or even take off the chamois-less tights.

Selkie
09-04-2005, 07:59 AM
If you decide to buy the Terry's, size down because they run big. I wore them last winter and they kept me warm. This year, I'm investing in some leg warmers. Hopefully, TE will stock some solid black Castelli's soon (I bought the red, but I'd prefer the black).

emily_in_nc
09-04-2005, 05:05 PM
I wear tights without chamois over cycling shorts. The extra layer of fabric over the thighs is really nice on cold days. I wear legwarmers with tights on not-so-cold days (say 55-65 degrees), but when riding with the temps below ~55, I much prefer the tights over bike shorts approach, chilly little southern gal that I am! :p

Emily

lyndaj
09-05-2005, 04:13 PM
Thanks everyone for your great advice.

Quillfred
09-10-2005, 06:29 PM
I recently got some padded undies that I haven't yet tried. I hope that they can make all my long underwear more versatile. I will maybe try with some gore tex pants I bought for skiing when I start my rain riding.

Carole