PDA

View Full Version : new ride this year on blue ridge parkway

Gowest
06-30-2010, 10:16 PM
There is a new ride this year with lots of miles on the blue ridge parkway in western north carolina (not an easy feat for a large group due to permitting regulations - scenic byway and all)

check out their website and the cool video featuring my best friend and teammate Nancy.

Come for a visit if you can - it really is a wonderful area for families.

http://www.blueridgebreakaway.com/

debi:D

7rider
06-30-2010, 11:31 PM
Wow. That looks awesome!
I'm going to ride the length of the BRP in September with DH and some friends. This would be a great training ride for my ride, except:
1. it's awfully far away for a weekend century! :(
and
2. I'm going to be in CT that weekend anyway for a nephew's wedding.
Have fun if you do it, or any others that do.

skibum
07-01-2010, 04:37 AM
Looks like a great ride! Unfortunately, I'll be up on the Blue Ridge Pkwy the weekend before that (Blue Ridge Brutal). It'll be tough to get away two weekends in a row so I don't think I can make it. I'll have to keep it in mind for next year.

tulip
07-01-2010, 06:05 AM
Thanks for posting. I'm going to see if I can do it.

Gowest
07-03-2010, 06:09 PM
Let me know if you are coming up. My husband and I are riding as well as some other friends - we will probably go up the night before and get together for dinner if you come you are welcome to join us. Most are riding the metric -but hubby and I are considering the 100 - will wait to see the weather forecast.

debi

tulip
07-09-2010, 01:04 PM
Let me know if you are coming up. My husband and I are riding as well as some other friends - we will probably go up the night before and get together for dinner if you come you are welcome to join us. Most are riding the metric -but hubby and I are considering the 100 - will wait to see the weather forecast.

debi

My family lives in AVL. I still haven't made up my mind...I'll keep you posted.

BikeHN
06-07-2012, 06:46 AM
Think I might do this one. Have family that lives in Asheville so this will be perfect.

beccaB
06-07-2012, 07:09 AM
How bout us flatlanders? Is it doable at all, or a short version? We have picked out 20 miles to do when visiting my dad, but even that was hard enough!

tulip
06-07-2012, 08:24 AM
This thread is two years old. Not sure if it's an annual ride.

Blueberry
06-07-2012, 09:36 AM
This thread is two years old. Not sure if it's an annual ride.

I just checked the website thinking it was a new thread. Ride scheduled for Aug. 18, 2012.

BikeHN
06-07-2012, 01:24 PM
Yep!