PDA

View Full Version : Clickity rear cassette

bluerider
09-03-2005, 05:39 AM
Sorry, that is SO not the technical term for it but that's the sound my rear cassette makes as I shift up. It sounds like the cassette and can't figure out why it's making that noise. I gave it a very thorough cleaning last weekend and lubed it before I went for a ride this week. But since that cleaning it's started making that noise. I used the Park Tool chain cleaner thingy for the first time so am not sure if that had anything to do with it? Help! :eek:

Thanks in advance!

Grog
09-03-2005, 07:32 AM
Does it take sort of a long time for the chain to fall on the right gear there? (or is it NOT falling on the right gear?) Maybe you displaced the derailleur while cleaning a bit energetically... If you have no previous training in doing that yourself, you can probably have it checked and fixed (if that's what it is) for 5$ at your LBS...

bluerider
09-03-2005, 03:28 PM
Thanks Grog. It actually skips when I try to shift. I was a bit panicky today because I had a race but sucked it up and hammered it through. I put some more lube on it and seemed to help a bit but a visit to the LSB is slated for Tuesday.

runnergirl
09-03-2005, 06:27 PM
sounds like a low limit or high limit screw problem, have the LBS guy show you how-it's an easy fix.