PDA

View Full Version : One-piece or Two?

administrator
06-23-2010, 09:34 AM
This week's poll asks a simple question: do you prefer a one-piece swimsuit, or a two-piece? Vote in our poll and let us know!

Veronica
06-23-2010, 09:53 AM
I want to vote for both since it depends on what I'm doing.

If I'm going to be all day in a suit - snorkeling, sailing, lounging, whatever...I wear a two piece.

For my swim workouts - one piece.

Veronica

tulip
06-23-2010, 09:57 AM
I like tankinis.

Biciclista
06-23-2010, 10:05 AM
although a two piece that looks like a 1 piece is nice too

tulip
06-23-2010, 10:10 AM
although a two piece that looks like a 1 piece is nice too

That's a tankini.

sfa
06-23-2010, 12:18 PM
One piece for workouts; tankini for leisure.

zoom-zoom
06-23-2010, 01:20 PM
I have weird proportions with big boobies...I have yet to find a 1 piece that fits on top and bottom and offers good support. Separates are the best option, especially if there are different style options in coordinating colors/patterns and tops in bra cup sizes with adequate support for doing more than just lying on the beach.

Biciclista
06-23-2010, 01:21 PM
That's a tankini.

great, so I like tankinis

Badgirl
06-23-2010, 02:34 PM
I'm with a couple of the others. It really depends on what I'm doing. If it's in public most likely to be a one piece or the tankini, but if it's for around the pool at home then it's a two piece (by hubbies request) for this fat girl. LOL!

I probably own more bikinis than any fat girl is suppose too. LOL!!! :D

Kano
06-23-2010, 02:41 PM
I'd love a tankini if they made the bottoms a little higher and the tops a LOT longer. Long body, and they never meet....

Karen in Boise

Kano
06-23-2010, 02:47 PM
I'd love a tankini if they made the bottoms a little higher and the tops a LOT longer. Long body, and they never meet....

Karen in Boise

Selkie
06-24-2010, 12:00 AM
One piece---something that stays in place and is supportive. TYR Diamondback or Speedo Pro Back are my favorite styles.

Crankin
06-24-2010, 04:31 AM
I love one piece suits. Even when I was younger, I never felt comfortable in bikinis. I used to wear the kind with lots of cut-outs, etc; now I just wear lots of halter style one piece suits, usually with high cut legs and different types of backs.
I like the idea of boy shorts for swimming, but boy shorts just do not fit me. They ride up, no matter what size I get. I gave up. I also would love to wear a tankini, but I need shorter tops. With the ones I have worn, the top is so long on me that it hits me at the lower hip, which is very unflattering. We need petite sized tankini tops!

Jolt
06-24-2010, 08:24 AM
Definitely one-piece, and I am most comfortable in racing suits (this preference may come from the years on swim team, plus a lot of other suits have extraneous ruffles etc. or aren't cut in a way that they stay in place). Who wants to have to worry about a "wardrobe malfunction" if she decides to jump or dive into the pool/lake, bodysurf at the beach, etc.? I've never liked bikinis anyway, just don't feel comfortable showing that much skin.

Eden
06-24-2010, 08:40 AM
I'm with the majority here - one piece for actual swimming, 2 piece for leisure activities.

I personally like board shorts with a bikini top (or tank top - depending on how vigorous the activity), cause I'm not about to wax.....

NbyNW
06-24-2010, 06:42 PM
Lately I've been having the hardest time finding a one-piece that will work for workouts -- I'm short waisted so a lot of suits are too long for me.

I'm also a tankini fan. It's nice when you can mix/match separates for fit & color, too!

XMcShiftersonX
06-24-2010, 08:38 PM
Bikini's... I probably haven't worn a one piece since I was a baby. My favorite are the Brazilian cut ones from Victoria's Secret. I have this one, but in a different print, and also with the bandeau top: http://www2.victoriassecret.com/commerce/onlineProductDisplay.vs?namespace=productDisplay&origin=onlineProductDisplay.jsp&event=display&prnbr=GU-252097&page=3&cgname=OSSWMBEAZZZ&rfnbr=148

It looks like they have long tankini tops, you may want to check out. I like VS because you can mix and match all the pieces to find exactly what fits you the best.

Owlie
06-24-2010, 09:31 PM
My swim suit is a tankini. I bought coordinating board shorts so I could be lazy. :D If I were actually swimming to work out, I'd want a one-piece.

Catrin
06-25-2010, 01:04 AM
I prefer tankinis - my proportions are such that it is virtually impossible to find a 1-piece that will fit and I won't wear a bikini.

JennK13
06-25-2010, 02:27 PM
2 piece for me, bikinis. Like others, i have different proportions and have a difficult time with finding a one piece the fits. My a$$ and thighs are my worse parts, so NO suit is going to conceal that - i like my abs so why not show them off? :)
Nike and TYR make some nice, supportive, and not too revealing ones that work well for both workouts and lounging.

Selkie
06-26-2010, 12:29 AM
Lately I've been having the hardest time finding a one-piece that will work for workouts -- I'm short waisted so a lot of suits are too long for me.

I'm also a tankini fan. It's nice when you can mix/match separates for fit & color, too!

NbyNW---Check Dolfin suits. They are cut for folks who are shorter-waisted. The nice thing about Dolfin is that the suits are pretty good quality and not expensive.

malkin
06-26-2010, 10:19 AM
I would like that mythical swim suit that would make me feel ok and look basically socially acceptable!

moonfroggy
06-26-2010, 01:39 PM
like most i like a one piece for actual swimming and that's all i own. i like tankinis in theory but attractive comfortable swim suits cost so much and i don't swim that often so i just own the one.

indigoiis
06-27-2010, 09:12 AM
Two piece because one pieces get wedgied too easily, and I like air and water on as much skin as possible. Of course, that also means more sun exposure :confused: but I just don't like wet bathingsuit on my stomach. Ick!

gnat23
06-27-2010, 09:45 AM
I love bikinis, I wish I had a body that did them justice. :D

-- gnat! (someday?)

Tuckervill
06-27-2010, 10:12 AM
Tankinis do not describe the kind of two piece suit I wear. I do not wear bottoms that look like panties. I wear bottoms that have the panties with a skirt attached. I don't know what you would call them, but to me a tankini covers up the midsection more than a bikini, but not the bottom.

I don't wear one-pieces for anything because I don't like to undress to pee.

Karen

redrhodie
06-27-2010, 10:28 AM
Tankinis do not describe the kind of two piece suit I wear. I do not wear bottoms that look like panties. I wear bottoms that have the panties with a skirt attached. I don't know what you would call them, but to me a tankini covers up the midsection more than a bikini, but not the bottom.

Karen

It sounds like a skirted bikini.

http://beachpartyswimwear.com/index.php?area=3

I tried to link to one on this page, but the whole page comes up. But you see what I mean. They're very flattering. I'm seeing more and more of them on the beach here.

Catrin
06-27-2010, 10:29 AM

Karen

This describes the tankini I own, the bottoms have a skirt attached. Perhaps there are different types?

spindizzy
06-28-2010, 09:54 AM
The duathlete speaks- I do not swim for exercise; I only play in the water, lounge at the beach and pool - though sadly, not too much of this either. I have a bikini, a tankini and a one piece. In the last 3 years, I've only worn the bikini.

NbyNW
06-28-2010, 01:55 PM
NbyNW---Check Dolfin suits. They are cut for folks who are shorter-waisted. The nice thing about Dolfin is that the suits are pretty good quality and not expensive.

Thanks, I didn't know that, I will take a look!

7rider
06-28-2010, 10:13 PM
My belly is not meant to see the light of day. :(
I'd never wear a 2-pc in public. I suppose I might not be opposed to a tankini if I knew I wouldn't look like the Michelin Tire man in one.

jessmarimba
10-04-2011, 12:08 PM
I'm too late to vote, but I have to do a 2-piece! At least if I'm buying off the rack. Haven't found a one piece long enough for my torso in at least 15 years.

limewave
10-12-2011, 12:22 PM
I wear a 2-piece tankini--covers the belly. I find it invaluable for bathroom breaks :-)