PDA

View Full Version : Katy Trail

uforgot
06-20-2010, 02:31 AM
Has anyone ridden it lately? I went yesterday and was going to ride it north from Hartsburg to McBane, but it was closed due to flooding. I met a cyclist who went around the closure to see it and he said it was so bad you couldn't even go around. Not just a washout, but it was all river. I rode south, and there was water all along the side. Many limbs down on the trail and with all of the rain we have been having, the growth on the sides was really high and it had a lot of mushy spots. Anytime I stopped for more than a minute, I was attacked by mosquitoes. (I've never had to use insect repellent before, so I didn't have any on). I did see a deer and it ran along the trail. It started just in front of me and I tried to keep up with it for a few seconds before it darted into the woods.

If you are planning on riding it, be sure to check the trail conditions first, and put on insect repellent.

TrekTheKaty
06-21-2010, 04:31 AM
I rode with a slow group from Weldon Springs. We were mauled by mosquitos (of course, we did stop a lot. Just keep MOVING!) Water is very high on our end, but not up on the trail yet.

uforgot, as I recall that's a bad stretch that is prone to flooding. Have you noticed we've been under a flood watch/warning all spring/summer? I posted a pic from downtown St. Charles on Sunday's ride report.