PDA

View Full Version : ACL5 Anonymous

Hill Slug
08-31-2005, 06:24 PM
- Entering big room, lotsa people wearing bike helmets, empty GU packets near the trash can....
- Facilitator : "You back there. Yeah you, slinking or sliming around the back of the room. C'mon up."
- Me looking around, "You tawking to me???", pointing finger at self... :eek:
- Fac: "Uh huh...."
- Me: Slowly making my way up to the front. Looking around nervously. Realizing my jersey, socks, and gloves DO NOT match, d'oh!!!! :o At least with my mountain bike shoes, my SPD's don't mess up the floor......
- Fac:"OK, just breathe and introduce yourself."
- Me: Shaking and stammering, "He-he-helloo, muh-my name is Hill Slug, and I-I-I just signed up f-f-f-or the ALC5." :)
- Everyone: "Hello Hill Slug!!!!" The clapping is kinda muffled because of the gloves......
- Me: Sweating like crazy, gulps down some cytomax and tries to relax. "OK, thanks everyone for that nice welcome. :) I'm reeeeaaaally nervous about doing this ride, but from what I've heard it's alot of fun and quite rewarding. So, with your support, I think I can do it." Just about knocks down the mic, and returns to the back of the room......"Oh, and can someone please tell me where I can find a red outfit suitable to ride in?????!!!" :D

Trek420
08-31-2005, 06:37 PM
go Hill Slug go....thrift stores are best for that perfect little red dress ;-)

And I know the feeling, when i went to the ride meeting/event that was held in GG park I looked around at all these super-fit people and thought "what the bleep am i doing here?"

But thanks to you gals I rode, well walked some, pedaled, cross trained a little, all...well all but 10 miles, but then when you add back in the miles in and out of camp/rest stops oh heck.....let's just say i completed the ride.

So you can do this thing.

Hill Slug
08-31-2005, 07:13 PM
Thanks Trek......I am looking forward to the ride. I'm already getting in the "time in the saddle" mindset...And I'm looking for that perfect little red number...... ;)

shadon
08-31-2005, 09:50 PM
Though I'm as nervous about it as you are! I *wish* I could find a part time job with benefits so that I could get a good ride in every day.

In actuality, I just got 'not hired' for a part time job that I interviewed for three weeks ago...hence the thought of this working part time thing.

Never mind that I hate my job, and it takes away from time on my bike!

Welcome Hill Slug! We can do this!

bikerz
09-01-2005, 06:03 AM
Yay! Let's all make sure to look out for each other at the training rides, and on the real thing!

Are there three of us now from up this way? I kind of lost count.

(Hey Coach Trek - how many more shopping days? I just bought a camelback and a bright yellow wind jacket/vest thingy - but now I am on a budget!)

CorsairMac
09-01-2005, 11:16 AM
(Hey Coach Trek - how many more shopping days? I just bought a camelback and a bright yellow wind jacket/vest thingy - but now I am on a budget!)

ROFLMAO on a budget??......in the sport of cycling??? ROFL teeeheee haaahaa hooohooohooohoo......manohmanohmanohmanohman.....did you just make my day!!! :D

ACG
09-01-2005, 11:22 AM
Hill Slug, I'm nervous and excited, sort of like when I gave birth. I know this is something I have to do and at the same time wonder if I can... My daughter started school this week, so I have to cut 15 minutes from my a.m. ride. :mad: But well I'll deal with it by going to the gym at night maybe a few times a week.

The red dress! There is this great retro second hand store near my office, I think I may try to find something sparkly! This place is so cool it even sells old cycling jerseys!

Counting the days, riding the miles, (praying I can loose some weight too)

bikerz
09-01-2005, 11:23 AM
ROFLMAO on a budget??......in the sport of cycling??? ROFL teeeheee haaahaa hooohooohooohoo......manohmanohmanohmanohman.....did you just make my day!!!Veerryy funny CM! Glad to oblige! :D

I just totalled up how much I have spent on cycling-related purchases this year (I'm not counting the original purchase of the bike and everything I walked out of the bike store with that first day last year) and it is shocking! :eek:

Hill Slug
09-01-2005, 03:24 PM
As far as shopping goes......Today I just bought some new Armadillo tires - $55....Last year 2,000 miles and ZERO flats. They were the cheapest at Bob's Cyclery in Fair Oaks, for you Sacramento area folks. I need to get a gear bag, so I'll probably head out to the flea market in Roseville. Aaaaannnddd......I just got 7 Performance coupons, $70, so I got some more shoppin' to do :D ......Probably some nicer shorts....the $20 ones I have definitely need to be replaced.... :rolleyes:

Trek420
09-01-2005, 06:15 PM
Hill Slug "I need to get a gear bag, so I'll probably head out to the flea market in Roseville."

Good idea, get a gear bag that doesn't look like all the others. Comment overheard on the ride on the last day, endless sea of black big duffle bags, family member picking up a rider says:

"You said there was a supply list. Did they tell you all to get this same bag?"

make it stand out.

Hill Slug
09-01-2005, 08:58 PM
There are a couple of bags I've been eyeing......One's black covered in red lips/kisses.... :p And the other is green with lady bugs....I'm leaning towards the lady bugs.....they're cute..... :D

Trek420
09-01-2005, 10:46 PM
aw c'mon, EVERYONE had that bag last year :D :cool: ;) :rolleyes: