PDA

View Full Version : Tour du Spargel (white asparagus)

shootingstar
06-12-2010, 11:11 PM
Finally have managed lst blog post (http://cyclewriteblog.wordpress.com/2010/06/12/cycling-for-spargel-kirsch-and-blue-painted-bikes-black-forest-region-germany-june-3-11-2010/) about our trip so far in past few days in Germany, briefly in France and Switzerland. But the post theme definitely is Germany since we didn't see spargel on menus in the areas we visited in Strasbourg.

There will be other posts later but probably not for a few days since he needs laptop.

Thorn
06-13-2010, 03:05 AM
Spargel ice cream?!?!?!?! That just does *not* sound good.

Years ago I spent time in Freiburg on business. I really liked the area. But I never got a chance to ride. I've appreciated your posts....gave me the virtual bicycle tour.

shootingstar
06-15-2010, 08:53 PM
Thorn, you would enjoy Freiburg.
No we didn't try the spargel ice cream. I'm abit suspicious of ice cream/gelatos with vegetable base, simply because for better taste they would have to use alot of sugar.

PscyclePath
06-16-2010, 05:32 AM
For spargel/asparagus, you need to go to Speyer! Beautiful little town on the Rhein. I used to live just across the river in a little village called Neulussheim.

The fresh stuff, especially the white asparagus, is a very seasonal thing, though. Also good recommendations on Weldebrau, the local beer...