PDA

View Full Version : Andalucia Tour pics

Crankin
06-03-2010, 07:48 AM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/stevemaislin/

Here is a link to my pictures. There are 660 of them, so look at your own risk. As usual, I photograph horribly, so you can pass those by quickly.

redrhodie
06-03-2010, 07:58 AM
I had to stop looking. I'm turning green with envy. What a beautiful place.

Veronica
06-03-2010, 08:11 AM
What tour company did you go with?

Veronica

Crankin
06-03-2010, 08:26 AM
It's called Cycling Country. It is absolutely the best one we have done. It is run by a young couple who decided to "bag" the rat race in London and move to Spain and start this company. They employ one other guy. The owner was an endurance champ in the UK and the other guy still is racing at age 44. And the owner's wife is a pretty tough rider, too. They made us all feel special, and it was different then going with a huge company, like Trek, or even a medium sized one like Classic Adventures, which we used for our Quebec tour.
They paid a lot of attention to safety, and provided options for those who didn't feel comfortable doing certain things. There was one town and inn that none of us liked, and they listened to us and will be changing the route. Plus, this is the area they ride in all of the time. The night before we got to Granada, we spent in the town where they live. We stored the bikes in their office, met their daughter, and got a good feel for what it's like to live in Spain as an ex-pat. Plus, the group was small compared to other tours we've done.

malkin
06-03-2010, 05:47 PM
Wow! Looks great.

Many of the photos look like you were there after the plague or the zombies ate the rest of the population.

Crankin
06-04-2010, 02:38 AM
Well, most of the riding was in very rural areas. There were hardly any vehicles to contend with for 85% of the riding. The pictures in the cities, well, DH took most of them, so I can't speak for that. The cities were very busy, but we were mostly taking pictures at historical places, so people tended to get out of the way if you wanted to snap a pic.
For the first half of the trip, it was so hot, that mostly people were not out running around, unless they were going to work or tourists!

PamNY
06-04-2010, 06:19 PM
Lovely photos and sounds like such a great trip. Wish I were strong enough for hills in Spain. Glad you had a good time.

Tri Girl
06-10-2010, 06:44 PM
Amazing!!!! :D