PDA

View Full Version : Wind stopper pants

bikerbarb
08-28-2005, 05:31 PM
Has anyone tried the windstopper pants in the winter? I like the idea of pants that block the wind in the front, but are more breathable in the back. Maybe they're tights, I'm not sure, but they have zippers at the ankles.
I just ordered a pair that were on sale half price from Nashbar. I haven't gone out in the heat to try them on my bike yet, but they seem a tad tight when I ben my knees, don't know if they'll seem that way on the bike.

Any experience or advice would be appreciated.
Thanks.

DeniseGoldberg
08-28-2005, 07:06 PM
I wear Pearl Izumi AmFib tights in really cold weather - the fronts are windproof and water resistant, and the backs are a lighter fabric. They are definitely an improvement over plain old tights on those cold days.

--- Denise

CorsairMac
08-29-2005, 10:52 AM
I have a pair of the REI wind/waterproof pants. They are designed for bikies so the ankles are more fitted and the knees have a dart in them so there's room for the pants to move over the knees when pedalling. I wore those all last winter with leg warmers/shorts and was fine.

(ok...I'm a whiney baby when it come to the cold but I wasn't going to give up riding and those worked for me!)

Nanci
08-31-2005, 02:12 AM
I have a pair I think are from Performance. They are fleecy inside, with a windproof front and a thinner, breatheable back. No chamois. Stretchy with zippers at the ankles. I love them, when I need them. I mostly start out in them, then get warmed up and have to take them off, and they are pretty bulky to try to put somewhere while riding. But I like in FL, so the worst it gets is 30 or so and rainy.

I saw a pair in the new Terry catalog yesterday that looked really good. They were of a thinner material, so not as bulky.

Nanci

bikerbarb
09-05-2005, 06:05 PM
So you guys don't find it bulky to have windstopper pants on over shorts? I have the 'undershorts' very thin w/chamois. Do you prefer it to built in chamois?