PDA

View Full Version : Davis to Somewhere Ride - Sunday, Sept 18

SadieKate
08-25-2005, 02:57 PM
As previously discussed, you know I'm planning a ride to gather together all of our friends and their friends and their friends and, ok you get the point, but all those who are getting into road riding, help the newbies take a next step and generally have a good time. "No drop" is the motto for the day but with 3 lengths and one little hill to choose from one and all should find some fun.

I'll post details later but the plan is to have 3 loop options from Davis: 1) Winters and back (@34 miles), 2) To Winters and around Lake Solano (@43-50 miles) and 3) Out to Winters and over Cantelow (maybe 56-60 miles). To pull this off, we'll need a ride leader and a sweep for each loop (I can supply good maps).

We'll probably meet at Common Grounds Coffee House in south Davis and can have a post ride meal at Dos Coyotes. Start time will be determined by the weather.

Any volunteers? I think Yellow and Monster Bee will help out on Cantelow. Nancy, can you ride sweep for the Lake Solano Loop?

PS - This ride will also be posted at www.amiciveloci.org if you have non-TE friends who are interested.

Bike Goddess
08-25-2005, 04:29 PM
SK- Actually I'd rather do Cantelow as I've not done that ride before. :)

SadieKate
08-25-2005, 04:40 PM
Darn, I hoped you would, Nancy, because I'm trying to assign the people with the route knowledge first (so no one gets lost) and then assign as sweep the people who can be depended upon to make the distance. This ride is for everyone but the focus is on getting people to that next step such as riding on the road rather than bike paths and riding longer distances, riding hills (just one can be plenty of challenge for some folks). Lots of people did this for me and this is my oppportunity to give back in the same way.