PDA

View Full Version : More advice on shorts

bikerbarb
08-24-2005, 07:11 PM
I want to order some new shorts as mine are boinging into bagginess. I have Cannondale Chronos, which apparently aren't made anymore. Should have known, as believe it or not, my daughter and I snagged 3 pairs of them at TJMAXX 2 years ago for $20 each.
Anyway, my shorts worked well, with one problem. I ride on my lower handlebars a lot. I tend to sweat in the front tummy area. It seems I could use lower cut waist and less front end chamois. There is just too much shorts there and I get soaked in sweat. I don't mean short legs. I don't mind the leg length. Any advice on shorts that will work better? Oh yeah, I really like the way the cannondale ones aren't rubbery where the 'grippers' are in the legs, so I'd like shorts with that feature.
Thanks,
Barb

CorsairMac
08-26-2005, 09:45 AM
I'm not much help to ya barb but I wanted to at least let you know someone heard ya. What I can suggest is to give the awesome ppl at team estrogen a call and tell them what you're looking for. They know their products Very well - heck most of them Use them so they can help you with whatever you're looking for!

and let us know what you find coz we're Always on the lookout for shorts!

Trekhawk
08-26-2005, 01:17 PM
[QUOTE=bikerbarb]I want to order some new shorts as mine are boinging into bagginess. I have Cannondale Chronos, which apparently aren't made anymore. Should have known, as believe it or not, my daughter and I snagged 3 pairs of them at TJMAXX 2 years ago for $20 each.

Hi bikerbarb - not sure if this is what you are after but they have two Cannondale styles marked down at Amazon for $19.99 and $29.99. :)

Cari
09-09-2005, 09:07 PM
I want to order some new shorts as mine are boinging into bagginess. I have Cannondale Chronos, which apparently aren't made anymore. Should have known, as believe it or not, my daughter and I snagged 3 pairs of them at TJMAXX 2 years ago for $20 each.
Anyway, my shorts worked well, with one problem. I ride on my lower handlebars a lot. I tend to sweat in the front tummy area. It seems I could use lower cut waist and less front end chamois. There is just too much shorts there and I get soaked in sweat. I don't mean short legs. I don't mind the leg length. Any advice on shorts that will work better? Oh yeah, I really like the way the cannondale ones aren't rubbery where the 'grippers' are in the legs, so I'd like shorts with that feature.
Thanks,
Barb

Hey Barb,

I just got some Cannondale Domestique bike shorts that I ordered online. They're really comfy and have those really nice, elastic-but-not-rubbery leg grippers. Even though the merchant's price tag says "Domestique", the actual Cannondale tags say "8-panel Chrono shorts". So I think there's a chance that they're the same shorts you bought a while back.

I bought them online for $39.93. The link is: http://www.rei.com/outlet/product/47962830.htm

I hope they're what you're looking for... it seems you're not the only one who loves those shorts!

Saludos,

~Carissa