PDA

View Full Version : help with shoes

elizabethC
03-12-2003, 01:01 PM
hello ladies !!

i still have to buy shoes for my clipless pedals.
i have found a pair of specialized comp 3 in a size 6 (36)
they are a little more than what i had expected to pay, 150 canadian. although i don't want to go ridculously cheap and buy a bad shoe.
does anyone have any other suggestion for a shoe that comes in size 6 (36) i also like the diadora (jalepeno or geko) but i don't know if they come in my size, i'm getting the impression they start at size 7 (37)
my price range is under $150, i'm guessing that would be $100-110 american $$

i also like the hard plastic tight fit i got from the specialized, i don't think i want to go with a hiking type shoe..

any suggestions or comments would be helpful
thanks !!

eli

Irulan
03-12-2003, 04:10 PM
Ok, with shoes you have to go with what fits. So perhaps recommendations can be made based on foot type and who make a small shoe.

I'd go for the hard sole... better power transmission to the pedals. I have heard that the softer type tend to crack right around the clip after a while.

FWIW I wear a Rampa it's either a Sidi or a Diadora (37)

Irulan

pedalfaster
03-13-2003, 04:34 AM
Both Sidi (who makes the Rampa mentioned) and Diadora make women-specific shoes. If you have a smaller, narrower, foot, they might work best for you. Also, be sure to check around for discounts. I know that at the shops I've worked at we often got "stuck" with the smaller (<38) sizes and ended up putting those on clearance at the end of the season(so ask to see any "last-year's models"). Discounted bike shoes seem to be one of the perks of being "female" in the male-dominated world of cycling:D

elizabethC
03-14-2003, 04:03 AM
well, its a official.

found out today after going into a bike shop that diadora's start at size 37. *curses to these small feet of mine !!*

oh well, i guess i'll just have to "settle" on the ones i really want...specialized comp 3 :p

missliz
03-20-2003, 07:29 PM
It's usually the better bargain to splash out on the shoes that you love- ride more and faster in equipment you think is snazzy. Besides, Jalapenos are lame. You would hate them after a few rides. No support. Expensive Keds sneakers

missliz

With small feet, after you tear these up and learn what you like in a shoe, there are terrific bargains to be had in the sales at Nashbar and Performance. They never have my size, but you could do well. Our gracious hosts Team Estrogen can probably give you help with shoes, too. Call 'em up if the Specialized don't work out.

cruziegirl
03-21-2003, 08:55 AM
I wear Specialized shoes (they're MTB's and not roads - I need a bit more tread than what is on the road shoes) and I love them! They're nice and stiff for good pedaling action but very comfortable. Just make sure they fit! I bought a pair of Diadoras and got them too big and boy, was I sorry. So make sure you go for a nice, tight-as-possible-but-comfortable fit.

elizabethC
03-21-2003, 09:16 AM
i bought the specialized and am so thrilled already with the shoe and quality of it and i haven't even been out riding yet.

the weather has warmed alot here in southern ontario, but has been raining lately. my husband went for a ride the other day and was so stoked at how he felt afterward.

so, the shoe delima has been closed..thanks for all your posts :)

eli

missliz
03-21-2003, 05:47 PM
There's nothing like a new pair of really cool shoes to psych a girl up! Wear them with joy.

missliz

Dogmama
03-22-2003, 05:38 PM
When I replaced my shoes (they were ONLY 8 years old!!) I was amazed at how much more power I had. I bought Sidi's and they're great. They even match my bike!

Styling...!

Kim