PDA

View Full Version : My First Big Crack-Up.

gretassister
08-18-2005, 04:44 PM
I was riding along this singletrack with my sister and a couple friends.; we were laughing and having a grand time. Then it happened. We sped across a road crossing and past a gate back onto the trail. Opps ! I'd been riding a roadie, but was on a crossbike that day. Forgot about those handlebars ah sticking way out there. Just bumbed the end again a pretty solid post. Instinctively, I braked. WRONG. Everything when wrong from there. I flew through the air and when I landed I was not still with the bike. It was laying way over there --- with a horribly bent front wheel, and I discovered on next ride with it, a bent back wheeel as well. I was done for that day, but I 'm still cycling !! Moral of the story; PAY ATTENTION !

CorsairMac
08-19-2005, 08:38 AM
ROFL - and once again the first report we get is what happened to the bike! are you OK?? you said you're cyling again so it sounds like you survived!

RoadRaven
08-19-2005, 01:13 PM
LOL... joins Corsair with laughter

SSSSSo true... had a crash today... bike is this that and the other... me? covered in blood but the bikes ok.. or it will be... me? yeah, doctor, maybe, but first lemme get bike to LBS to get her fixed... etc etc

Seriously though, Greta, sounds like you survived in tact... a salient reminder for us to pay attention, a few seconds is all it takes to leave skin behind or lose a few dollars in the LBS in repairs

CorsairMac
08-19-2005, 01:56 PM
truly my biggest fear isn't crashing - it's what I'm going to do with the bike if I do......coz those EMTs are just going to have to find room for me AND the bike or I ain't going until someone I trusts gets there to take care of it! :o

gretassister
08-19-2005, 02:55 PM
I was fine --just a couple bruises ! :( The bike was repaired and sold to a friend, who now rides it. Amen to what you say MAC. My one bike has big sentimental value, the other one I paid big bucks for: I'm not leaving either one at an accident site if I'm still conscious. :eek: