PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Denise

newfsmith
08-17-2005, 06:24 PM
Denise Goldberg is highlighted in "BikeBits" from Adventure Cycling. Way to go, Denise! http://us.f344.mail.yahoo.com/ym/ShowLetter?MsgId=1537_2975743_19287_1336_3452_0_26702_6863_3158196138&Idx=0&YY=16884&inc=25&order=down&sort=date&pos=0&view=&head=&box=Inbox Scroll all the way down to "Vicarious Armchair Adventures".

Of course, we all knew you were someone special, now the rest of the touring crowd does too.

DeniseGoldberg
08-18-2005, 03:14 AM
Hey Jean -
Thanks! I actually saw your note here before I read the copy of Bike Bits in my email...

...but by the way, the link you included in your post apparently goes to your own inbox, which means that other people won't be able to access Bike Bits through the link. If anyone wants to see the journal that was referenced in the article, it is my Ireland journal at http://denise2003ireland.crazyguyonabike.com

--- Denise

bikerchick68
08-18-2005, 01:45 PM
Hi Denise! Very cool website!!!

I did an Iron Donkey tour last year... I did the 6 day Connemara region. Tony was really helpful and I had a wonderful time despite a weird summer storm that brought cold wet conditions...

I was amazed at how clean the sides of the road were and how NICE drivers were!!! I loved the wonderful colors of the buildings too, and upon returning home promptly painted my front door red, like so many are painted there! One thing I found amusing was any time you come to a sign marked "temporary pavement" it's asphalt! LOL... everything else is the "chip seal" that WE use as temporary pavement... :D

It's a wonderful place to cycle... glad you had a great experience too... :)
I also got pics of sheep painted red, white and blue! LOL :D Anyway, enjoyed your pics... thanks for sharing your adventure!

edited to add- your strange orange flower on the " rainy day that ended sunny" post is called a Kniphofia... commonly called a Red Hot Poker... they gorw well in Ireland as well as here in the states... :) I'm a garden nerd as well as a cyclist... LOL :p

DeniseGoldberg
08-18-2005, 02:57 PM
your strange orange flower on the " rainy day that ended sunny" post is called a Kniphofia... commonly called a Red Hot Poker...
I'm a garden nerd as well as a cyclist... LOL :p

Thanks for the info on the flower - I'm going to update that page to add the name! It sounds like you had a good tour too. The memories of the people and the sights are wonderful, aren't they? Ireland is still on my list of places to visit with my bike; two weeks just wasn't enough. After spending all of my time on the northern third (or quarter) of the island, I think I want to wander in the west next time.

--- Denise

bikerchick68
08-18-2005, 03:07 PM
you'd love the west too... and now I want to ride the northern part! Your stories to go along with the pics were wonderful... I read thru almost all of it and ignored some calls at work! LOL :D

My favorite day I had was actually a day when it was POURING! Tony had told us not to count on the road signs as the names can change, but rather to go by the mileage on the computer... well, it rained, hard...and the computer stopped working! :eek: So we're riding a road, pretty much like the ones it looks like you rode, and we see an abandoned shed... we hop off the bikes, run thru the sheep dung and into the shed we go! It had half a roof so we were able to dry off for a few minutes, scarf a scone, an apple and split a Smithwicks than we had jammed into a backpack! Anything to get warm....LOL... not sure why but I laugh every time I think of that... :D It really was a great trip...

Costa Rica is next on my list I think!