PDA

View Full Version : reverse camber / banana technology

badger
03-05-2010, 10:53 PM
anyone here have a banana technology board? I'm looking at both Gnu and Roxy. I'd like to know how you find it?

radicalrye
03-08-2010, 11:28 AM
ooh I'm also interested in this if anyone has any experience. I'm thinking of getting a new K2 deck for next season ;)

glad to see a fellow boarder!

badger
03-12-2010, 11:48 AM
I ended up getting the Roxy Ally with the banana technology and magnetraction. I'm going up to Whistler on the 26th so I'll let you know how it goes!

I learned to ride on K2 Luna. Very fond of that board, but it's time for a change and maybe learn to do a trick or two! :D

Kathi
03-12-2010, 03:35 PM
I'm not sure if this is what you're talking about as I am an alpine skier not a boarder. I bought a pair of Rossi skis that have traditional camber underfoot but are rockered ( raised on tips and tails).

I love these skis, they are so easy to turn, they float through the powder and crud but also ski groomed.

The most amazing thing happened today, I was on a catwalk and hit some rocks on the sides of the runs. I thought I destroyed them but they are hardly marked!

I don't consider them my everyday ski but in soft snow conditions they are awesome!

radicalrye
03-12-2010, 09:30 PM
I actually have a K2 Luna from 2003 which is why i desperately need a new board. It's still in pretty good shape, but has seen better days for sure haha.

I've been looking for a board that can cut through the crappy ice pack we call snow here in Wisco. The base for all the resorts around here is all man made snow and if we are lucky we will get a couple good feet of real snow but that's not always the case. Maybe a rocker could help me out :confused:

badger
03-22-2010, 08:51 PM
ha, is your Luna purple? if so, we have the same board! I still love the graphics and prefer it much more to the new Roxys.

I managed to give the new board a try on two runs this weekend. I can't really give you much of a report because I think 2 runs (one of which was pretty much all done sitting and waiting for a friend who was a beginner) isn't enough to gauge the difference.

I'll be going up to Whistler this weekend so I can report back to tell you if this banana rocker technology is cat's meow or not.

One day I'd like to go back to skiing as technology's changed SO much since I skiied some 15 years ago. I think it would be fun to try some of the new fat skis.

badger
04-08-2010, 06:18 PM
in case anyone's reading or cares, I've had 4 days on my new board and I'm not sure if it was the advanced class I took or the board, but I'm so much more confident on the hills.

I even go on little jumps and rails now, which I never would have prior to this year. It's so much fun, with a lot of pop and it's so maneuverable.

Kathi
04-08-2010, 06:40 PM
I'd say both but I'm also much more comfortable on conditions I don't normally ski, powder, spring conditions, crud, variable snow, etc. Today I skied mostly blacks and double blacks, unheard of for me on traditional skis with the conditions we had today.

Glad you're enjoying the new board.