PDA

View Full Version : 1% for the Planet Nonprofits

administrator
03-02-2010, 05:08 PM
Help us decide how to allocate our 1% for the Planet dollars in 2010. Choose from among the organizations we've already selected, or let us know which organization you'd like us to support by leaving a comment on the poll.

###

Team Estrogen is proud to be a member of 1% for the Planet. We pledge to donate 1% of our sales (not just profits!) to environmental nonprofits.

1% for the Planet is helping to tilt the scales of giving toward the thousands of under-funded nonprofits dedicated to the pursuit of sustainability and to preserving and restoring our natural environment.

We want you to be a participant in this process. To support that goal, we've implemented a feature whereby you can select where you'd like 1% of YOUR purchase to go.

How does it work? You'll find a form on our receipt page after checkout that will allow you to choose from the list of organizations we support.

Thousands of nonprofits participate in 1% FTP, so we've culled the list down to a couple of dozen representing some of our favorites, along with a selection of regional, national and international organizations with broad appeal and a focus on issues of importance to cyclists and outdoor sports enthusiasts.

If you don't see your favorite organization on the list, let us know -- if it proves to be a popular choice, we'll add it to our list of supported nonprofits.

You can read more about and find links to each of the listed nonprofits, here:
http://www.teamestrogen.com/content/one-percent-for-the-planet

salsabike
03-02-2010, 06:20 PM
That is really wonderful--thank you.

OakLeaf
03-02-2010, 06:30 PM
Since we're "Team Estrogen," what about something a little more woman-oriented? Anyone have any suggestions? I was going to suggest the Green Belt Movement, but their financials don't look too great. :(

bmccasland
03-03-2010, 04:49 AM
Wonderful idea, thank you

repto
03-03-2010, 07:23 AM
Don't forget the Active Transportation Alliance!
They support all sorts of bike/ped issues including Safe Routes to School, After Crash support groups, bike maps, bicycle/pedestrian advocacy at the national level, Complete Streets and Home Zones, etc.

www.activetrans.org

Jane

Susan Otcenas
03-11-2010, 09:53 AM
Since we're "Team Estrogen," what about something a little more woman-oriented? Anyone have any suggestions? I was going to suggest the Green Belt Movement, but their financials don't look too great. :(

Oak - 1% recipients are environmentally-focused organizations. I'm not aware of any that focus on the environment *via women*, but if you can find one that a) exists and b) is part of the 1%FTP movement, please let me know!

Susan

Biciclista
03-11-2010, 10:12 AM
darn, i never got to vote. i finally had time to research my choices... :confused:

Susan Otcenas
03-11-2010, 10:15 AM
darn, i never got to vote. i finally had time to research my choices... :confused:

Feel free to leave a comment! We'll read them all. :)

OakLeaf
03-11-2010, 10:19 AM
Oak - 1% recipients are environmentally-focused organizations. I'm not aware of any that focus on the environment *via women*, but if you can find one that a) exists and b) is part of the 1%FTP movement, please let me know!

Susan

The Breast Cancer Fund? They're on 1%FTP and three-star rated by Charity Navigator - could be better, but definitely acceptable in my book.

Susan Otcenas
03-11-2010, 10:27 AM
http://www.womenandenvironment.org/aboutwve/

This group looks interesting too. I'll do some more research....

Biciclista
03-11-2010, 10:28 AM
ok my vote is for union of concerned scientists. so many of these are excellent and I have personally donated to 3 of them...