PDA

View Full Version : What Is Your Longest Triathlon?

administrator
02-10-2010, 04:17 PM
Curious minds want to know, have you participated in a triathlon, and if so, what is the longest tri you've ever completed?

HillSlugger
02-10-2010, 04:42 PM
The longest I've completed is a long IronGirl sprint (1000m swim/17.5mi bike/3.4mi run). I did a planned DNF in my first Oly because I couldn't run (swim, bike, quit).

I voted sprint because that's all I've completed. Since running is still an issue, this season I'm planning on doing some Oly length Aquabike events and sprint tris

7rider
02-10-2010, 05:24 PM
I participated as part of a relay team with MDHillSlug.
So, none of the choices really apply. I guess "none" - but I don't plan to do one this year (other than again as part of a relay) and I don't particularly think they're crazy....just not for me.

kelownagirl
02-10-2010, 05:32 PM
I voted as sprint but I'm training for a Half Iron. Keep your fingers crossed....

SadieKate
02-10-2010, 06:01 PM
I participated as part of a relay team with MDHillSlug.
So, none of the choices really apply. I guess "none" - but I don't plan to do one this year (other than again as part of a relay) and I don't particularly think they're crazy....just not for me.Me, too. 3 team events. The first was back when tread-less bike tires had just been introduced and I had to race in the rain during tomato harvest season, so think of riding through patches of oily spaghetti sauce. The 3rd was in record high temperatures. I took this as a sign.

salsabike
02-10-2010, 06:36 PM
The first was back when tread-less bike tires had just been introduced and I had to race in the rain during tomato harvest season, so think of riding through patches of oily spaghetti sauce. The 3rd was in record high temperatures. I took this as a sign.

I love this. I have visions of SadieKate riding through the Italian tomato-throwing fete.

Have done four sprints, heading for two more sprints and two Olympics this season.

Lise
02-11-2010, 05:43 AM
In deepest winter, a girl's thoughts turn to triathlon...TE lured me back in with an email about tri suits and a poll! :rolleyes:

I've done 4 Olympic and 5 sprint tris. I'm home recovering from another foot surgery, and dreaming about biking this summer. I'm a pretty bad swimmer, and not highly motivated to do the work to get better, so I don't know if I'll ever do another tri. But I love the feeling of a tri - the group of people, the mental challenges, the feeling as I cross the finish line, breakfast afterwards...:cool:

OakLeaf
02-11-2010, 09:06 AM
I voted I'm doing one this year.

Does this mean I have to now? :eek::eek::eek:

If I do it, I know which one it'll be, but I'm not signed up yet.

Gotta get this little marathon thing out of the way first. And figure out how to swim... :p

sgf726
02-11-2010, 01:04 PM
I did my first tri's last summer - ended up doing 3 all sprints.
Longest was 1/3 mile swim, 10 mile bike, 5K run.
This year I am training for an Olympic Distance.

ny biker
02-11-2010, 03:27 PM
I don't really think y'alls are crazy, at least not any crazier than people (such as me) who do 100-mile bike rides on hot summer days. But triathlons are not for me.

roadie gal
02-12-2010, 05:52 AM
I've done 2 sprints, 4 olys, and an HIM.

The HIM length is the longest that I want to do. I don't have the time to properly train for a full Iron.

SadieKate
02-12-2010, 07:20 AM
I'm truly impressed with the number of ironman clicks!

Though I have to say that's my dividing line for crazy. But then my motto is "rides should not interfere with the cocktail hour."

bmccasland
02-12-2010, 11:01 AM
I can't run and breathe at the same time...:(

If they ever had a SLO triathalon, I'm there! Fast walk, medium speed ride, swim your best! :D

HillSlugger
02-12-2010, 12:58 PM

If they ever had a SLO triathalon, I'm there! Fast walk, medium speed ride, swim your best! :D

Lots of people do tri just as you describe!

Wahine
02-12-2010, 01:14 PM
I don't know how many sprints I've done, don't know how many Olys... I've stopped counting. I think I've done 12 HIMs and 3 IMs. I have an HIM and IM on the docket for this season. The longer the better for me. I might even try the 24 hours of Triathlon in Boulder sometime.

Catrin
02-12-2010, 06:17 PM

Now THAT I could do :D Hey, I can do the back stroke (that is the only way I can keep from drowning) :rolleyes:

HillSlugger
02-12-2010, 06:23 PM
Now THAT I could do :D Hey, I can do the back stroke (that is the only way I can keep from drowning) :rolleyes:

Kinda hard to sight doing backstroke! ;)

Aggie_Ama
02-14-2010, 06:24 PM
I can swim but not in any organized manner, so I think I would be crazy but triathletes aren't. If I ever get the notion to take swimming lessons I might try one and a du is not out of the question.

rachelroo
02-17-2010, 01:43 PM
I cried for a large portion of the run in my first triathlon, and it was a super sprint. I was hooked though. I'm planning on 5 sprint's and 1 oly this year. Next year I want to do a HIM.

OakLeaf
02-17-2010, 04:26 PM
Bike, run, shower. Hey, it's wet. ;)

Spinner
06-27-2011, 08:00 AM
I think Triathlon is a very hard sport. I admire all persons finishing one :). Maybe I will trie it too. :)

colby
07-04-2011, 07:48 AM
Uh, I watched a superlong triathalon on television a few weeks ago. Think it was the world championships.

It looked brutal. Florida humidity...

Does that count :rolleyes::D

Watch, cheer, smile? Sounds like 3 of something... ;)

hulagirl
07-05-2011, 03:53 PM

That's what Super Sprints are for! Just to get your feet wet and have fun!