PDA

View Full Version : Why oh why?

Curvygirl
08-14-2005, 01:04 AM
Why do people (men!) feel that it is acceptable to shout at female cyclists as they go by them in a car. They wouldn't do it on the street. Now, I know that my bum isn't as small as I would like but I don't really feel that it deserves to be shouted at by strangers. :mad: It makes me so mad, at least I'm out and about improving my health and not driving around polluting the environment and harrassing short women. The world is a crazy place sometimes!

Technotart
08-14-2005, 06:05 AM
Those are the days I wish I had on the too sheer shorts so I could moon them as they pass by!

Trekhawk
08-14-2005, 10:48 AM
Some people really are a waste of space. You wonder what other idiotic things they must do to get their jollies.

Technotart - Im laughing while visualizing the look on the drivers face. :D

nicolezoie
08-14-2005, 12:24 PM
A carefully aimed snot-rocket? This is truly a skill that all cyclists need to develop and perfect... :rolleyes:

CorsairMac
08-15-2005, 01:22 PM
Really wanna get them??......smile and wave and tell em Thank You Very Much!! leave them guessing what you think they just said! ;)

ladyjai
08-15-2005, 04:08 PM
I was out with the club on saturday and due to 2 flats had gotten separated from the pack. I had collected 3 guys and we were riding single file across a freeway access bridge (3 lanes going straight). Someone started honking at us. On impulse, I turned slightly and waved crazily like I knew them with a big ole grin on my face.

I can't say for sure, but from the grumbling-like noises I heard, it sure sounded like I really annoyed them! :D

Shimpie
08-15-2005, 06:09 PM
On impulse, I turned slightly and waved crazily like I knew them with a big ole grin on my face.

I can't say for sure, but from the grumbling-like noises I heard, it sure sounded like I really annoyed them! :D

I do that too! I won't concede any jerk the satifaction of ruining my ride. Any rude honking gets an enthusiastic *wooohooo*,wild waving, and a big grin. Also, it helps mask the heart thumping shock of being honked at.

Curvygirl
08-16-2005, 08:11 AM
I'll give that a try next time. It's better than getting mad at them!

CorsairMac
08-16-2005, 09:32 AM
I'll give that a try next time. It's better than getting mad at them!

think of them as your own personal "fan club"! ;)

Tess851
08-16-2005, 03:59 PM
if you think back to when you were young, boys teased girls because they had no idea that talking to them like a normal human being would yield more results. some men still have no idea, and so yell things, tease, act idiotic etc all in an effort to impress a girl. Dumb, but unfortunately true.

It's like when a male rider can't handle being beaten or passed by a girl on a bike.... it bruises their fragile ego.

Adopt that cheesy grin and a big wave, or simply ignore them. If you find yourself being affected by their behaviour, ask yourself if you actually care about these people / value their opinion. Your answer's likely to be 'No', in which case you realise it's easier to let the unpleasantness pass and get on with enjoying your ride.